Affiliation: University of Warwick
- The many faces of c-MYCStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine, Biomedical Research Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 416:129-36. 2003..Although still in its infancy, encouraging results have been reported for several approaches using gene targeting to interfere with c-MYC expression or activity both in vitro and in vivo...
- The c-MYC oncoprotein as a treatment target in cancer and other disorders of cell growthStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine, Biomedical Research Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Expert Opin Ther Targets 7:623-42. 2003..Although still in its infancy, encouraging results have been reported using antisense oligodeoxynucleotide-based methods, as well as other approaches to interfere with MYC expression both in vitro and in vivo...
- Brief inactivation of c-Myc is not sufficient for sustained regression of c-Myc-induced tumours of pancreatic islets and skin epidermisStella Pelengaris
Biomedical Research Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
BMC Biol 2:26. 2004..But would this apply to other tumours?..
- c-MYC: more than just a matter of life and deathStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine Research Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 2:764-76. 2002..Regulatable transgenic mouse models of oncogenesis have shed light on these issues and provide hope for effective cancer therapies...
- Suppression of Myc-induced apoptosis in beta cells exposes multiple oncogenic properties of Myc and triggers carcinogenic progressionStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine Research Center, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
Cell 109:321-34. 2002..Our data indicate that highly complex neoplastic lesions can be both induced and maintained in vivo by a simple combination of two interlocking molecular lesions...
- Re-expression of IGF-II is important for beta cell regeneration in adult miceLuxian Zhou
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e43623. 2012..In this study we investigated the effect of IGF-II on beta cell regeneration...
- Non-β-cell progenitors of β-cells in pregnant miceSylvie Abouna
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Organogenesis 6:125-33. 2010..Further, there was no transdifferentiation of β-cells to other cell types in a two and half month period following labeling, including the period of pregnancy...
- c-Myc and downstream targets in the pathogenesis and treatment of cancerSam Robson
Biological Sciences, Biomedical Research Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov 1:305-26. 2006..This review will discuss what is known about the role of c-Myc in growth deregulation and cancer and will conclude with a discussion of the most promising recent developments in Myc-targeted therapeutics...
- Oxidised lipoproteins may promote inflammation through the selective delay of engulfment but not binding of apoptotic cells by macrophagesMichael Khan
Department of Biological Sciences, Molecular Medicine Research Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Atherosclerosis 171:21-9. 2003..This mechanism may contribute to chronic persisting inflammation in the atherosclerotic artery and rheumatoid joint...
- A simple matter of life and death-the trials of postnatal Beta-cell mass regulationElena Tarabra
School of Life Sciences, Warwick University, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Int J Endocrinol 2012:516718. 2012..Furthermore, we will also address more recently appreciated regulators of beta-cell mass, such as microRNAs...
- Effects of c-MYC activation on glucose stimulus-secretion coupling events in mouse pancreatic isletsSéverine M A Pascal
Unit of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E92-102. 2008....
- Regulated beta-cell regeneration in the adult mouse pancreasDavid A Cano
Diabetes Center, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
Diabetes 57:958-66. 2008..Our results also suggest the regeneration of beta-cells is mediated by replication of beta-cells rather than neogenesis from pancreatic ducts...