Affiliation: University of Warwick
- c-MYC: more than just a matter of life and deathStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine Research Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 2:764-76. 2002..Regulatable transgenic mouse models of oncogenesis have shed light on these issues and provide hope for effective cancer therapies...
- Oncogenic co-operation in beta-cell tumorigenesisS Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine Research Centre, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 8:307-14. 2001..These results suggest that, in the pancreatic beta-cells, early suppression of apoptosis is essential for the survival of Myc-activated beta-cells and islet neoplasia...
- Action of Myc in vivo - proliferation and apoptosisS Pelengaris
Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Curr Opin Genet Dev 10:100-5. 2000..An outstanding feature of these experiments is the demonstration that the balance between oncogene-induced proliferation and apoptosis in a given tissue can be a critical determinant in the initiation and maintenance of the tumor...
- Regulated beta-cell regeneration in the adult mouse pancreasDavid A Cano
Diabetes Center, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
Diabetes 57:958-66. 2008..Our results also suggest the regeneration of beta-cells is mediated by replication of beta-cells rather than neogenesis from pancreatic ducts...
- Brief inactivation of c-Myc is not sufficient for sustained regression of c-Myc-induced tumours of pancreatic islets and skin epidermisStella Pelengaris
Biomedical Research Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
BMC Biol 2:26. 2004..But would this apply to other tumours?..
- Oxidised lipoproteins may promote inflammation through the selective delay of engulfment but not binding of apoptotic cells by macrophagesMichael Khan
Department of Biological Sciences, Molecular Medicine Research Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Atherosclerosis 171:21-9. 2003..This mechanism may contribute to chronic persisting inflammation in the atherosclerotic artery and rheumatoid joint...
- The c-MYC oncoprotein as a treatment target in cancer and other disorders of cell growthStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine, Biomedical Research Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Expert Opin Ther Targets 7:623-42. 2003..Although still in its infancy, encouraging results have been reported using antisense oligodeoxynucleotide-based methods, as well as other approaches to interfere with MYC expression both in vitro and in vivo...
- The many faces of c-MYCStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine, Biomedical Research Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 416:129-36. 2003..Although still in its infancy, encouraging results have been reported for several approaches using gene targeting to interfere with c-MYC expression or activity both in vitro and in vivo...
- Suppression of Myc-induced apoptosis in beta cells exposes multiple oncogenic properties of Myc and triggers carcinogenic progressionStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine Research Center, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
Cell 109:321-34. 2002..Our data indicate that highly complex neoplastic lesions can be both induced and maintained in vivo by a simple combination of two interlocking molecular lesions...
- Effects of c-MYC activation on glucose stimulus-secretion coupling events in mouse pancreatic isletsSéverine M A Pascal
Unit of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E92-102. 2008....
- c-Myc and downstream targets in the pathogenesis and treatment of cancerSam Robson
Biological Sciences, Biomedical Research Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov 1:305-26. 2006..This review will discuss what is known about the role of c-Myc in growth deregulation and cancer and will conclude with a discussion of the most promising recent developments in Myc-targeted therapeutics...