Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Hox gene Ultrabithorax regulates distinct sets of target genes at successive stages of Drosophila haltere morphogenesisAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Laboratory for Development and Evolution, Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EJ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2855-60. 2011....
- Establishing genetic transformation for comparative developmental studies in the crustacean Parhyale hawaiensisAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, 711 10 Iraklio Crete, Greece
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7888-93. 2005....
- Hox go omics: insights from Drosophila into Hox gene targetsAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Laboratory for Development and Evolution, University Museum of Zoology, Department of Zoology, Cambridge, UK
Genome Biol 8:208. 2007..Recent microarray studies that have identified hundreds more transcriptional responses to Hox genes in Drosophila will help elucidate the role of Hox genes in development and evolution...
- Probing the evolution of appendage specialization by Hox gene misexpression in an emerging model crustaceanAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Laboratory for Development and Evolution, University Museum of Zoology, Department of Zoology, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EJ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13897-902. 2009..Our findings suggest a path for the gradual evolutionary transition from thoracic legs to maxillipeds, in which stepwise changes in Hox gene expression have brought about this striking morphological and functional transformation...
- Identification of DNA sequences that flank a known region by inverse PCRAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Department of Zoology, University Museum of Zoology, Cambridge, UK
Methods Mol Biol 772:267-75. 2011....
- Efficient transformation of the beetle Tribolium castaneum using the Minos transposable element: quantitative and qualitative analysis of genomic integration eventsAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology IMBB FORTH, 711 10 Iraklio Crete, Greece
Genetics 167:737-46. 2004..In combination with piggyBac-based transgenesis, our work allows the introduction of sophisticated multicomponent genetic tools in Tribolium...
- Developmental evolution: Hox proteins ring the changesAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB-FORTH, Vassilika Vouton, 711 10 Iraklio Crete, Greece
Curr Biol 12:R291-3. 2002..Recent studies suggest that changes in the sequences of key developmental regulators, such as the Hox proteins, may also play an important role...
- A versatile strategy for gene trapping and trap conversion in emerging model organismsZacharias Kontarakis
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, GR 70013 Heraklio, Crete, Greece
Development 138:2625-30. 2011..Using this approach, gene traps can serve as platforms for generating diverse reporters, drivers for tissue-specific expression, gene knockdown and other genetic tools not yet imagined...
- The DNA transposon Minos as a tool for transgenesis and functional genomic analysis in vertebrates and invertebratesAnastasios Pavlopoulos
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology, Vassilika Vouton, PO Box 1385, Heraklion 71110, Crete, Greece
Genome Biol 8:S2. 2007..Its use as a tool for transgenesis and genome analysis of rather different animal species is described...