Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Postnatal penile growth concurrent with mini-puberty predicts later sex-typed play behavior: Evidence for neurobehavioral effects of the postnatal androgen surge in typically developing boysVickie Pasterski
Department of Paediatrics, Biomedical Campus, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK Department of Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3RQ, UK Electronic address
Horm Behav 69:98-105. 2015..Thus, we provide a novel and readily available approach for assessing effects of early androgen exposures, as well as novel evidence that early postnatal aes human neurobehavioral development. ..
- Traits of autism spectrum disorders in adults with gender dysphoriaVickie Pasterski
Department of Psychology, New Museum Site, Free School Lane, Cambridge, CB2 3RQ, UK
Arch Sex Behav 43:387-93. 2014..Results were considered in the context of emerging theories for the observed co-occurrence of GD and autistic traits...
- Increased aggression and activity level in 3- to 11-year-old girls with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH)Vickie Pasterski
University of Cambridge, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Free School Lane, Cambridge, CB2 3RQ, UK
Horm Behav 52:368-74. 2007..These data suggest that early androgens have a masculinizing effect on both aggressive behavior and activity level in girls...
- Prenatal hormones and childhood sex segregation: playmate and play style preferences in girls with congenital adrenal hyperplasiaVickie Pasterski
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Horm Behav 59:549-55. 2011....
- Sex differences in semantic categorizationVickie Pasterski
Department of Paediatrics, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Box 116, Level 8, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Arch Sex Behav 40:1183-7. 2011..Men and women appear to categorize the same common objects in systematically different ways...
- Are there parental socialization effects on the sex-typed behavior of individuals with congenital adrenal hyperplasia?Wang I Wong
Department of Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 3RQ, UK
Arch Sex Behav 42:381-91. 2013..Overall, evidence suggests that prenatal androgen exposure and parental socialization both contribute to sex-typical toy play...
- Working memory performance is reduced in children with congenital adrenal hyperplasiaWendy V Browne
Department of Psychology, University of Cambridge, Free School Lane, Cambridge CB2 3RQ, United Kingdom
Horm Behav 67:83-8. 2015..Educational interventions might also be considered for children with CAH. ..
- Predictors of posttraumatic stress in parents of children diagnosed with a disorder of sex developmentVickie Pasterski
Department of Paediatrics, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 116, Level 8, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QQ, UK
Arch Sex Behav 43:369-75. 2014..Our findings suggest that we may directly apply models successful in other areas of pediatrics, such as pediatric oncology. Future studies may assess the usefulness of such an intervention...
- Androgen insensitivity syndromeIeuan A Hughes
Department of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Lancet 380:1419-28. 2012....