Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University College London
- Castillo Quan J, Li L, Kinghorn K, Ivanov D, Tain L, Slack C, et al. Lithium Promotes Longevity through GSK3/NRF2-Dependent Hormesis. Cell Rep. 2016;15:638-650 pubmed publisher..The discovery of GSK-3 as a therapeutic target for aging will likely lead to more effective treatments that can modulate mammalian aging and further improve health in later life. ..
- Partridge L, Gems D, Withers D. Sex and death: what is the connection?. Cell. 2005;120:461-72 pubmed..Understanding the molecular basis of the cost of reproduction will be informed by elucidation of the mechanisms by which DR and IIS affect these two traits. ..
- Partridge L, Alic N, Bjedov I, Piper M. Ageing in Drosophila: the role of the insulin/Igf and TOR signalling network. Exp Gerontol. 2011;46:376-81 pubmed publisher..Reduced IIS can act acutely to lower death rate, implying that it may ameliorate the effects of ageing-related damage, rather than preventing it. ..
- Partridge L. Some highlights of research on aging with invertebrates, 2010. Aging Cell. 2011;10:5-9 pubmed publisher..The invertebrates continue to be a power house of discovery for future work in mammals. ..
- Alic N, Tullet J, Niccoli T, Broughton S, Hoddinott M, Slack C, et al. Cell-nonautonomous effects of dFOXO/DAF-16 in aging. Cell Rep. 2014;6:608-16 pubmed publisher..Whereas FoxO-to-FoxO signaling appears to be required for metabolic homeostasis, our results pinpoint FoxO-to-other signaling as an important mechanism through which localized FoxO activity ameliorates aging. ..
- Bolukbasi E, Khericha M, Regan J, Ivanov D, Adcott J, Dyson M, et al. Intestinal Fork Head Regulates Nutrient Absorption and Promotes Longevity. Cell Rep. 2017;21:641-653 pubmed publisher..Malnutrition caused by poor intestinal absorption is a major problem in the elderly, and a better understanding of the mechanisms involved will have important therapeutic implications for human aging. ..