Simon H Parson
Affiliation: University of Leeds
- Axotomy-dependent and -independent synapse elimination in organ cultures of Wld(s) mutant mouse skeletal muscleSimon H Parson
School of Biomedical Sciences, Worsley Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Neurosci Res 76:64-75. 2004..This offers several advantages over repeated visualization of synaptic remodeling that has thus far been possible only in vivo...
- Rapid loss of motor nerve terminals following hypoxia-reperfusion injury occurs via mechanisms distinct from classic Wallerian degenerationBecki Baxter
Centre for Integrative Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Old Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
J Anat 212:827-35. 2008....
- A2A adenosine receptors are located on presynaptic motor nerve terminals in the mouseRebecca L Baxter
School of Biomedical Sciences, Worsley Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
Synapse 57:229-34. 2005..These results therefore provide additional evidence that there are multiple adenosine receptors present at the NMJ, and that stimulation of quantal and nonquantal release of acetylcholine (ACh) could be mediated by A2A receptors...
- Dynamic remodelling of synapses can occur in the absence of the parent cell bodyNatalia L Bettini
University of Leeds, Institute of Membrane and Systems Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Garstang Building, LS2 9JT, UK
BMC Neurosci 8:79. 2007..Here we test the hypothesis that nerve terminals are semi-autonomous and able to rapidly respond to local stimuli in the absence of communication with their parent cell body...
- Immunohistochemical localisation of the voltage gated potassium ion channel subunit Kv3.3 in the rat medulla oblongata and thoracic spinal cordRuth E Brooke
Institute of Membrane and Systems Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Brain Res 1070:101-15. 2006..This study provides evidence supporting a role for Kv3.3 subunits in regulating neuronal excitability and in the modulation of excitatory and inhibitory synaptic transmission in the medulla oblongata and spinal cord...
- Kv3 voltage-gated potassium channels regulate neurotransmitter release from mouse motor nerve terminalsRuth E Brooke
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9NQ, United Kingdom
Eur J Neurosci 20:3313-21. 2004..05-1 microM. The combined presynaptic localization of Kv3 subunits and pharmacological enhancement of EPP amplitude indicate that Kv3 channels regulate neurotransmitter release from presynaptic terminals at the NMJ...
- Nonmuscle myosins IIA and IIB are present in adult motor nerve terminalsLaura J Vega-Riveroll
Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Royal College Street, London NW1 0TU, UK
Neuroreport 16:1143-6. 2005..We propose roles for these motor proteins in junctional stabilization and destabilization...
- Synaptic vulnerability in neurodegenerative diseaseThomas M Wishart
Centre for Integrative Physiology and Centre for Neuroscience Research, University of Edinburgh Medical School, UK
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:733-9. 2006....