Ruth H Parry
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Practitioners' accounts for treatment actions and recommendations in physiotherapy: when do they occur, how are they structured, what do they do?Ruth Parry
Institute for Science and Society, University of Nottingham, Nottingham
Sociol Health Illn 31:835-53. 2009..The findings also provide clinically relevant information about when and how accounts can be provided, and what accounting can achieve in terms of both local procedures and the overall character of the consultation and relationship...
- Interventions to reduce dependency in personal activities of daily living in community-dwelling adults who use homecare services: protocol for a systematic reviewPhillip J Whitehead
Division of Rehabilitation and Ageing, University of Nottingham, B Floor, The Medical School, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Syst Rev 2:49. 2013..However, little is currently known about how such interventions are configured, or how they may affect individuals' ability to carry out personal care independently...
- Systematically reviewing and synthesizing evidence from conversation analytic and related discursive research to inform healthcare communication practice and policy: an illustrated guideRuth H Parry
Sue Ryder Centre for the Study of Supportive, Palliative and End of Life Care, University of Nottingham, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2HA, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:69. 2013..An important body of evidence about these practices has been generated by conversation analysis and related discourse analytic approaches, but there has been very little systematic reviewing of this evidence...
- Effect of severity of arm impairment on response to additional physiotherapy early after strokeR H Parry
Division of Stroke Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham City Hospital, UK
Clin Rehabil 13:187-98. 1999..To investigate effect of initial severity of arm impairment on response to additional physiotherapy for the arm after stroke...
- Communication during goal-setting in physiotherapy treatment sessionsR H Parry
Parry School of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Clin Rehabil 18:668-82. 2004..To deduce explanations for observed practices. To contribute to understanding of the communication challenges entailed in goal-setting...
- The interactional management of patients' physical incompetence: a conversation analytic study of physiotherapy interactionsRuth Helen Parry
Institute of Work, Health and Organisations I WHO, University of Nottingham, UK
Sociol Health Illn 26:976-1007. 2004..The paper examines how these meanings are addressed and accomplished through interaction...
- Official recommendations and actual practice in physiotherapy: managing troubles of physical performanceRuth Helen Parry
Institute of Work, Health and Organisations, University of Nottingham, UK
Commun Med 2:151-61. 2005..Conversation analytic studies can provide resources and understandings to complement and augment such official guidance...
- Are interventions to enhance communication performance in allied health professionals effective, and how should they be delivered? Direct and indirect evidenceRuth Parry
University of Nottingham, Institute for Science and Society, Law and Social Sciences Building West Wing, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Patient Educ Couns 73:186-95. 2008..2) To summarise indirect evidence pertinent to design, delivery, effects, and evaluation of such interventions...
- Teaching and learning communication skills in physiotherapy: what is done and how should it be done?Ruth H Parry
Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care, Business School and School of Community Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2TU, UK
Physiotherapy 95:294-301. 2009....