Jennifer C Palmer
Affiliation: University of Bristol
- Endothelin-converting enzyme-1 activity, endothelin-1 production, and free radical-dependent vasoconstriction in Alzheimer's diseaseJennifer C Palmer
University of Bristol, Dementia Research Group, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK
J Alzheimers Dis 36:577-87. 2013..Our findings indicate that cerebral vasoconstriction induced by Aβ results in part from a free radical-mediated increase in ECE-1 activity and ET-1 production. ..
- Endothelin-1 is elevated in Alzheimer's disease and upregulated by amyloid-βJennifer C Palmer
Dementia ResearchGroup, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK
J Alzheimers Dis 29:853-61. 2012..024). These findings provide evidence of overactivity of the endothelin system in AD, further supporting the suggestion that endothelin receptor antagonists may be of value for the treatment of this disease...
- Endothelin-converting enzyme-2 is increased in Alzheimer's disease and up-regulated by AbetaJennifer C Palmer
Dementia Research Group, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 175:262-70. 2009..Our findings suggest that endothelin-1 receptor antagonists, already licensed for treating other diseases, could be of benefit in AD therapies...
- Endothelin-converting enzyme-1 in Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementiaJ C Palmer
Clinical Science at North Bristol, University of Bristol, Dementia Research Group, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 36:487-97. 2010..In vitro, expression of ECE-2 was upregulated by Aβ. Our aims for this study were to examine expression of ECE-1 (which has 57% homology with ECE-2) in temporal cortex from patients with AD, vascular dementia (VaD) and controls...
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: potential in Alzheimer's diseaseJennifer Palmer
Dementia Research Group, Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol BS16 1LE, United Kingdom
Pharmacol Res 63:525-31. 2011....