Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Suicide: the leading cause of maternal deathMargaret Oates
Br J Psychiatry 183:279-81. 2003
- Perinatal psychiatric disorders: a leading cause of maternal morbidity and mortalityMargaret Oates
Division of Psychiatry, Nottingham University Medical School, Nottingham, UK
Br Med Bull 67:219-29. 2003..The conclusion is that there is a need for both Psychiatry and Obstetrics to acknowledge the substantial risk that women with a previous psychiatric history of serious mental illness face following delivery...
- Postnatal depression across countries and cultures: a qualitative studyM R Oates
Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 46:s10-6. 2004..However, anthropologists question the cross-cultural equivalence of depression, particularly at a life stage so influenced by cultural factors...
- Parenting stress in first-time mothers of twins and triplets conceived after in vitro fertilizationCris Glazebrook
Queens Medical Centre and The University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 81:505-11. 2004..To examine psychosocial and obstetric outcomes at 1 year postpartum in first-time mothers who conceived after IVF...
- Maternal self-esteem after successful treatment for infertilitySara Jane Cox
Institute of Work, Health and Organisations, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 85:84-9. 2006..To  investigate self-esteem during pregnancy after previous infertility and  establish the relationship among self-esteem, anxiety during pregnancy, and parenting self-efficacy...
- Postnatal depression and screening: too broad a sweep?Margaret Oates
Br J Gen Pract 53:596-7. 2003