Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Long-term safety and maintenance of clinical improvement following treatment with anakinra (recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: extension phase of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialGeorge Nuki
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Arthritis Rheum 46:2838-46. 2002..To demonstrate the long-term efficacy of anakinra, a human recombinant interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and to assess the long-term safety of anakinra at different daily doses...
- Tophi and frequent gout flares are associated with impairments to quality of life, productivity, and increased healthcare resource use: Results from a cross-sectional surveyPuja P Khanna
University of Michigan, MI, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:117. 2012..The present study quantifies the impact of the presence of tophi and frequency of acute gout attacks on health-related quality of life (HRQOL), productivity, and healthcare resource utilization...
- Treatment of crystal arthropathy--history and advancesGeorge Nuki
Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 32:333-57, vi. 2006....
- A concise history of gout and hyperuricemia and their treatmentGeorge Nuki
University of Edinburgh Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Scotland, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 8:S1. 2006....
- Colchicine: its mechanism of action and efficacy in crystal-induced inflammationGeorge Nuki
University of Edinburgh, Osteoarticular Research Group, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, Scotland, United Kingdom
Curr Rheumatol Rep 10:218-27. 2008....
- Association of low general health status, measured prospectively by Euroqol EQ5D, with osteoporosis, independent of a history of prior fractureVeena Dhillon
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, University Department of Medicine, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Osteoporos Int 16:483-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between HR-QOL, measured before DXA scanning was undertaken, and bone mineral density (BMD). Comparison of HR-QOL with the age- and sex-matched general population was also made...
- British Society for Rheumatology and British Health Professionals in Rheumatology guideline for the management of goutKelsey M Jordan
Rheumatology Department, Princess Royal Hospital, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1372-4. 2007
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of adjuvant methotrexate treatment for giant cell arteritisGary S Hoffman
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44915, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:1309-18. 2002....
- In memoriam: J. Edwin Seegmiller, M.D. (1920-2006)Michael A Becker
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 27:554-6. 2008