Jane E Norman
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Chlamydia in gynecologic practiceJane Norman
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 10 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow, G31 2ER, Scotland, UK
Womens Health (Lond Engl) 1:437-46. 2005..trachomatis. This article will review the consequences of C. trachomatis infection in women, methods of identification of the organism, the prevalence in various populations, and treatment and screening strategies...
- Inflammatory pathways in the mechanism of parturitionJane E Norman
University of Glasgow Division of Developmental Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Queen Elizabeth Building, Glasgow, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 7:S7. 2007..Mention will be made of how this information may be of use in regulating the timing and the onset of parturition...
- Preterm labour. Cervical function and prematurityJane E Norman
University of Glasgow, Division of Developmental Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 10 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow G31 2ER, Scotland, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:791-806. 2007..Further work is required to define the role of the cervix in prediction and prevention of spontaneous preterm birth...
- Leukocyte density and pro-inflammatory cytokine expression in human fetal membranes, decidua, cervix and myometrium before and during labour at termInass Osman
University of Glasgow, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 3rd Floor, Queen Elizabeth Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 10 Alexandra Parade, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 9:41-5. 2003..These data lend further support to the hypothesis that labour is an inflammatory process...
- The home as an appropriate setting for women undertaking cervical ripening before the induction of labourMargaret Reid
Public Health and Health Policy, Division of Community Based Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Midwifery 27:30-5. 2011..to explore women's experiences of cervical ripening using isosorbide mononitrate (IMN) in the home as part of the main randomised controlled trial...
- Leukocyte density and proinflammatory mediator expression in regional human fetal membranes and decidua before and during labor at termInass Osman
Division of Developmental Medicine, Reproductive and Maternal Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, United Kingdom
J Soc Gynecol Investig 13:97-103. 2006....
- Maternal obesity and its relationship with spontaneous and oxytocin-induced contractility of human myometrium in vitroClaire A Higgins
Reproductive and Maternal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reprod Sci 17:177-85. 2010..Overall, the results from this in vitro study suggest that the observed implications of obesity on parturition in vivo cannot be explained by a direct effect on myometrial contractile mechanisms per se...
- The effect of progesterone on myometrial contractility, potassium channels, and tocolytic efficacyLaurie Anderson
Reproductive and Maternal Medicine, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Reprod Sci 16:1052-61. 2009..We aimed to determine the effects of progesterone treatment in vitro and in vivo and 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate (17OHPC) in vitro on myometrial contractions...
- The "PRIM" study: a randomized comparison of prostaglandin E2 gel with the nitric oxide donor isosorbide mononitrate for cervical ripening before the induction of labor at termInass Osman
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1012-21. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare the efficacy and safety profile of prostaglandin E2 with isosorbide mononitrate for cervical ripening before the induction of labor at term...
- An evaluation of economics and acceptability of screening for Chlamydia trachomatis infection, in women attending antenatal, abortion, colposcopy and family planning clinics in Scotland, UKJane E Norman
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 10 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow G31 2ER, Scotland, UK
BJOG 111:1261-8. 2004..Additionally, women's views of screening were determined in the hospital-based clinics...
- Accidental out-of-hospital deliveries: an obstetric and neonatal case control studyVanessa A Rodie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Glasgow, 10 Alexandria Parade, Glasgow G31 2ER, Scotland, United Kingdom
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:50-4. 2002..Further we aimed to determine whether women at risk of accidental out-of-hospital delivery in our population could be identified antenatally...
- Immunolocalization of proinflammatory cytokines in myometrium, cervix, and fetal membranes during human parturition at termAnne Young
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G31 2ER, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 66:445-9. 2002..In fetal membranes collected at labor, IL-8 was expressed in decidual stromal cells. Infiltrating leukocytes are a major source of cytokines in uterine tissues during labor...
- Serum profile of isosorbide mononitrate after vaginal administration in the third trimesterCatharine D Bates
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, UK
BJOG 110:64-7. 2003..01...