Affiliation: University of Leeds
- Clinical evaluation of magnetic resonance imaging in coronary heart disease: the CE-MARC studyJohn P Greenwood
Division of Cardiovascular and Neuronal Remodelling, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
Trials 10:62. 2009....
- Reliability of pressure ulcer classification and diagnosisJane Nixon
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Adv Nurs 50:613-23. 2005....
- Pathology, diagnosis, and classification of pressure ulcers: comparing clinical and imaging techniquesJane Nixon
From the Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 13:365-72. 2005..Imaging also determined that high blood flow of differing intensity characterized blanching and nonblanching erythema. There was no evidence of the "no flow" phenomenon...
- Skin alterations of intact skin and risk factors associated with pressure ulcer development in surgical patients: a cohort studyJane Nixon
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, 17 Springfield Mount, Leeds LS2 9NG, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 44:655-63. 2007....
- The prevalence of pressure ulcers in community settings: an observational studyRebecca Stevenson
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, Clinical Trials Research House, 71 71 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9PH, United Kingdom Electronic address
Int J Nurs Stud 50:1550-7. 2013..Quality initiatives in healthcare have led to a focus upon pressure ulcer rates. However, published data on pressure ulcer prevalence in a community setting is currently very limited...
- Comparison of cardiovascular magnetic resonance and single-photon emission computed tomography in women with suspected coronary artery disease from the Clinical Evaluation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Coronary Heart Disease (CE-MARC) TrialJohn P Greenwood
Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre and Division of Cardiovascular and Diabetes Research, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics J P G, M M, N M, P B, S G B, S P and Clinical Trials Research Unit J M B, C C E, J N, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK and Department of Nuclear Cardiology, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK C J D
Circulation 129:1129-38. 2014..This study compared the sex-specific diagnostic performance of cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) and single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)...
- Development and validation of a new patient-reported outcome measure for patients with pressure ulcers: the PU-QOL instrumentClaudia Gorecki
Clinical Trials Research Unit CTRU, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:95. 2013..PRO assessment in pressure ulcers is in its infancy, with few studies including PROs as study outcomes. Further, there are no pressure ulcer PRO instruments available...
- Hepatic metabolism and transporter gene variants enhance response to rosuvastatin in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the GEOSTAT-1 StudyKristian M Bailey
Division of Cardiovascular and Diabetes Research, Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:276-85. 2010..Pharmacogenetics aims to maximize benefits and minimize risks of drug treatment. Our objectives were to examine the influence of common variants of hepatic metabolism and transporter genes on the lipid-lowering response to statin therapy...
- Change in serum lipids after acute coronary syndromes: secondary analysis of SPACE ROCKET study data and a comparative literature reviewJulian H Barth
Clinical Biochemistry, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
Clin Chem 56:1592-8. 2010..The magnitude and clinical significance of this fall has recently been challenged...
- Patient risk factors for pressure ulcer development: systematic reviewSusanne Coleman
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 50:974-1003. 2013..To identify risk factors independently predictive of pressure ulcer development in adult patient populations?..
- A randomized, controlled trial of simvastatin versus rosuvastatin in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the Secondary Prevention of Acute Coronary Events--Reduction of Cholesterol to Key European Targets TrialAlistair S Hall
Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre MCRC, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics LIGHT, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 16:712-21. 2009..We sought to evaluate reports that rosuvastatin 10 mg is a more efficacious treatment of hyperlipidaemia than is simvastatin 40 mg, hoping to assess this issue in the previously unstudied context of acute myocardial infarction...
- Patient-reported outcome measures for chronic wounds with particular reference to pressure ulcer research: a systematic reviewClaudia Gorecki
Clinical Trials Research Unit CTRU, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK Electronic address
Int J Nurs Stud 51:157-65. 2014..We systematically reviewed the quality of life literature on chronic wounds to determine the suitability of generic and chronic wound-specific outcome measures for use in evaluating patient outcomes in pressure ulcer research...
- Patient-reported pressure ulcer pain: a mixed-methods systematic reviewClaudia Gorecki
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, Lees, United Kingdom
J Pain Symptom Manage 42:443-59. 2011..To improve outcomes for patients and to help clinicians manage PU pain, the existing qualitative and quantitative research bases were systematically reviewed...
- Development of a conceptual framework of health-related quality of life in pressure ulcers: a patient-focused approachClaudia Gorecki
CTRU, University of Leeds, 71 75 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9JT, West Yorkshire, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 47:1525-34. 2010..Measures to evaluate such outcomes need to be developed by utilising patient-perspective to ensure that content and conceptualisation is relevant to patients...
- Evaluation of five search strategies in retrieving qualitative patient-reported electronic data on the impact of pressure ulcers on quality of lifeClaudia A Gorecki
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Adv Nurs 66:645-52. 2010....
- Using mixed methods to select optimal mode of administration for a patient-reported outcome instrument for people with pressure ulcersClaudia Rutherford
Clinical Trials Research Unit CTRU, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 14:22. 2014..We trialed a novel mixed methods approach in early scale development to determine the best administration method for a new patient-reported outcome instrument for people with pressure ulcers (the PU-QOL)...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance and single-photon emission computed tomography for diagnosis of coronary heart disease (CE-MARC): a prospective trialJohn P Greenwood
Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre and Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Lancet 379:453-60. 2012....
- Randomised, controlled trial of alternating pressure mattresses compared with alternating pressure overlays for the prevention of pressure ulcers: PRESSURE (pressure relieving support surfaces) trialJane Nixon
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds
BMJ 332:1413. 2006..To compare whether differences exist between alternating pressure overlays and alternating pressure mattresses in the development of new pressure ulcers, healing of existing pressure ulcers, and patient acceptability...
- Impact of pressure ulcers on quality of life in older patients: a systematic reviewClaudia Gorecki
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1175-83. 2009..To identify the impact of pressure ulcers (PUs) and PU interventions on health-related quality of life (HRQL)...
- The role and potential contribution of clinical research nurses to clinical trialsKaren Spilsbury
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
J Clin Nurs 17:549-57. 2008..This study explores the scope and potential contribution of the Clinical Research Nurse (CRN) role to clinical trials of a nursing-specific topic...
- Case reviews: promoting shared learning and collaborative practiceAlison Bellamy
The Heart of Kent Hospice, Preston Hall, Aylesford, Kent, UK
Int J Palliat Nurs 12:158-62. 2006..The formal evaluation has shown evidence of improved communication and challenged thinking in relation to changing practice. The results of this experience could be considered in other areas where multiprofessional teamwork is essential...