Søren U Nielsen
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Human T cells resistant to complement lysis by bivalent antibody can be efficiently lysed by dimers of monovalent antibodySoren U Nielsen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Medical School, England
Blood 100:4067-73. 2002..The monovalent CD3 mAb dimer may have potential for development as an agent for immunotherapy of T-cell leukemia...
- Intravascular transfer contributes to postprandial increase in numbers of very-low-density hepatitis C virus particlesDaniel J Felmlee
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Gastroenterology 139:1774-83, 1783.e1-6. 2010..We sought to determine if factors that affect triglyceride-rich lipoprotein (TRL) metabolism alter the density and dynamics of HCV particles in the plasma of patients with chronic HCV infection...
- Insulin resistance and low-density apolipoprotein B-associated lipoviral particles in hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infectionSimon H Bridge
Institute of Cellular Medicine, William Leech Building, The Medical School, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Gut 60:680-7. 2011..Objective To measure LVP in patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 (CHC-G1) and examine metabolic determinants of LVP load. Patients 51 patients with CHC-G1 infection...
- Association between hepatitis C virus and very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL)/LDL analyzed in iodixanol density gradientsSøren U Nielsen
Liver Research Group, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle, England
J Virol 80:2418-28. 2006..Immunoprecipitation analysis showed that ApoB remained associated with HCV after treatment of serum with deoxycholic acid or NP-40, whereas ApoE was removed from HCV with these detergents...
- Characterization of hepatitis C RNA-containing particles from human liver by density and sizeSøren U Nielsen
Liver Research Group, Clinical Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Gen Virol 89:2507-17. 2008..This HCV was associated with ApoB, ApoE and viral glycoprotein E2, similar to viral particles circulating in serum. Our results indicate that the association between HCV and VLDL occurs in the liver...
- Characterization of the genome and structural proteins of hepatitis C virus resolved from infected human liverSøren U Nielsen
School of Clinical Medical Sciences, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Gen Virol 85:1497-507. 2004..Glycoprotein E2 was 62 kDa before and 36 kDa after deglycosylation, but E2-P7 was not detected. This was in contrast to recombinant sources of E2 which contain E2-P7...