Affiliation: University College London
- Association Between Metabolic Syndrome and Periodontitis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisLuigi Nibali
Periodontology Unit and Department of Clinical Research, University College London Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:913-20. 2013..The direction of the association and factors influencing it should be investigated by longitudinal and treatment studies. Periodontal diagnostic procedures should be routinely carried out in MetS patients...
- Interleukin-6 in oral diseases: a reviewL Nibali
Periodontology Unit and Department of Clinical Research, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, UK
Oral Dis 18:236-43. 2012..The role of common genetic variants of IL-6 in determining individual susceptibility to certain oral diseases, as well as novel therapeutic strategies based on IL-6 inhibition are also discussed...
- Oxidative stress, systemic inflammation, and severe periodontitisF D'Aiuto
Periodontology Unit, Division of Clinical Research, UCL Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Dent Res 89:1241-6. 2010..20, P < 0.05). Acute increases of D-ROM (P < 0.01) were observed following periodontal therapy. Analysis of these data suggests a positive association between severe periodontitis and oxidative stress...
- A familial analysis of aggressive periodontitis - clinical and genetic findingsL Nibali
Periodontology Unit, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, University College London, London, UK
J Periodontal Res 43:627-34. 2008....
- Application of label-free absolute quantitative proteomics in human gingival crevicular fluid by LC/MS E (gingival exudatome)N Bostanci
Periodontology Unit, Division of Clinical Research, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
J Proteome Res 9:2191-9. 2010..Larger cohort studies are required to characterize the complete GCF proteome in health and disease...
- Association between interleukin-6 -174 polymorphism and Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans in chronic periodontitisL Nibali
Division of Clinical Research, University College London, Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
J Periodontol 81:1814-9. 2010....
- Association between periodontitis and common variants in the promoter of the interleukin-6 geneL Nibali
Periodontology Unit, University College London, Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
Cytokine 45:50-4. 2009..This association is stronger for LAgP than for other periodontal disease phenotypes...
- Linkage analysis confirms heterogeneity of hereditary gingival fibromatosisL Nibali
Periodontology Unit and Department of Clinical Research, University College London, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, London, UK
Oral Dis 19:100-5. 2013..Hereditary Gingival Fibromatosis (HGF) is a rare benign fibrous lesion of the gingival tissues presumably caused by single gene defects. The aim of this study was to identify the genetic defect leading to HGF in an extended pedigree...