G H Neild
Affiliation: University College London
- Renal outcome in adults with renal insufficiency and irregular asymmetric kidneysGuy H Neild
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, University College London, W1T 3AA, UK
BMC Nephrol 5:12. 2004..In this retrospective review, we examine whether progression to ESRF can be predicted and whether treatment with angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI) can delay or prevent this...
- Can we improve diagnosis of renal failure? A revised coding system for Middle East and North AfricaGuy H Neild
UCL Center for Nephrology, Royal Free Campus, London, UK
Arab J Nephrol Transplant 4:61-9. 2011..Reporting data on primary renal disease (PRD) causing end-stage renal failure (ESRF) is generally inconsistent and diagnostic groups poorly defined...
- Progressive neurological disease induced by tacrolimus in a renal transplant recipient: case presentationMarjan Chegounchi
Department of Nephrology, UCL Hospitals Trust, Middlesex Hospital, W1T 3AA, London
BMC Nephrol 7:7. 2006..While mild symptoms such as tremor are well recognised, severe complications including seizures and encephalopathy are poorly documented following renal transplantation...
- Hyper-IgG4 disease: report and characterisation of a new diseaseGuy H Neild
UCL Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Hospital, London NW3 2QG, UK
BMC Med 4:23. 2006..A typical example is idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis, but the initial report in 2001 was of sclerosing pancreatitis...
- Can we improve the diagnosis of renal failure? A revised coding system for the Middle East and North AfricaGuy H Neild
UCL Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Campus, London, United Kingdom
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 22:651-61. 2011..We believe that the collection can be done much better as exemplified by the pediatric community, where data collection is very consistent, and there is a low rate of "unknown disease"...
- Renal transplantation in adults with abnormal bladdersGuy H Neild
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, University College London, UK
Transplantation 77:1123-7. 2004..Urinary tract infections only produced problems in patients with abnormal bladders. Renal transplantation into the abnormal lower urinary tract is successful but requires careful preoperative evaluation and posttransplant follow-up...
- Primary renal disease in young adults with renal failureGuy H Neild
Guy H Neild E mail
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1025-32. 2010..CONCLUSIONS: These young adult data in the UK are consistent with the hypothesis that many of the undiagnosed cases must be CAKUT or tubular disease...
- Dent's diseaseGuy H Neild
Department of Nephrology, UCL Hospitals Trust, Middlesex Hospital, Mortimer Street, London W1T 3AA, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:2284-5. 2005
- Multi-organ renal failure in the elderlyG H Neild
Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 32:559-65. 2001..Recent advances, however, in ventilatory techniques and the use of supra-physiological doses of glucocorticoids may lead to some improvement in outcome...
- What do we know about chronic renal failure in young adults? II. Adult outcome of pediatric renal diseaseGuy H Neild
University College London Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Campus, London NW3 2QG, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1921-8. 2009..Outcome is predictable by the level of residual renal function (GFR). Nevertheless, function remains stable while proteinuria is minimal. Short-term studies overestimate rates of deterioration...
- What do we know about chronic renal failure in young adults? I. Primary renal diseaseGuy H Neild
University College London Centre for Nephrology, London NW3 2QG, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1913-9. 2009..Nephrologists probably under-diagnose CAKUT in young adult patients, and this diagnosis can account for many of the 30% that currently have no specified primary renal disease...
- The renal pathology of primary antiphospholipid syndrome: a distinctive form of endothelial injuryM H Griffiths
Histopathology Department, University College London Medical School, London, UK
QJM 93:457-67. 2000..We describe a distinctive glomerular lesion that represents an unexplained form of endothelial injury in this syndrome...
- Feasibility of dynamic 3-D color Doppler ultrasound for imaging penile vascular change in renal transplant patients with erectile dysfunction responding to sildenafilRatna Chatterjee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College London, London, UK
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:885-91. 2008..Our data suggest that 3-D volumetric changes of the penis and its vasculature during erection can be studied by this technique and that this method could be useful for the evaluation of new drugs and therapeutic biofeedback...
- A novel therapy with testosterone and sildenafil for erectile dysfunction in patients on renal dialysis or after renal transplantationRatna Chatterjee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College Hospitals, London, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 30:88-90. 2004..We undertook a prospective pilot study in a small cohort of patients with renal replacement therapy to determine the cause of erectile dysfunction (ED) and evaluate the role of testosterone replacement therapy and sildenafil...
- Effect of the abnormal bladder when full on upper tract drainage using a combined cystometrogram-(99m)Tc-mercapto-acetyltriglycine renogram: a prospective studyIvan M Y Hoh
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, University College London UCL, London, UK
BJU Int 100:1131-6. 2007..To examine the relevance of bladder volume in patients with chronic hydronephrosis and abnormal bladder function who lose renal function even though the bladder or reservoir pressure is normal (<40 cmH(2)0)...
- Silence is golden: can we predict onset of lupus nephritis?Guy H Neild
Middlesex Hospital, London
Nephron Clin Pract 98:c101-2. 2004
- Outcome of ANCA-associated renal vasculitis: a 5-year retrospective studyAnthony D Booth
Department of Medicine, Addenbrookes s Hospital, Cambs, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 41:776-84. 2003..Renal involvement is frequently present in antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated systemic vasculitis and is an important cause of end-stage renal failure (ESRF)...