E G Neal
Affiliation: University College London
- Efficacy of dietary treatments for epilepsyE G Neal
Neurosciences Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 23:113-9. 2010....
- The ketogenic diet for the treatment of childhood epilepsy: a randomised controlled trialElizabeth G Neal
Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, University College London, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 7:500-6. 2008..The ketogenic diet has been widely and successfully used to treat children with drug-resistant epilepsy since the 1920s. The aim of this study was to test the efficacy of the ketogenic diet in a randomised controlled trial...
- Growth of children on classical and medium-chain triglyceride ketogenic dietsElizabeth G Neal
University College London Institute of Child Health, London, England
Pediatrics 122:e334-40. 2008..The objectives of this study were to examine growth in children on classical and medium-chain triglyceride ketogenic diets and to investigate any association between growth and calorie or protein intake...
- A randomized trial of classical and medium-chain triglyceride ketogenic diets in the treatment of childhood epilepsyElizabeth G Neal
UCL Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Epilepsia 50:1109-17. 2009..To conduct the first randomized trial on classical and medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) versions of the ketogenic diet, examining efficacy and tolerability after 3, 6, and 12 months...
- The ketogenic diet in childhood epilepsy: where are we now?J H Cross
UCL Institute of Child Health, The Wolfson Centre, London WC1N 2AP, UK
Arch Dis Child 95:550-3. 2010..This review aims to provide a summary of the evidence supporting its use in children, some guidance towards its implementation and the services currently available in the UK...
- Carnitine, nutritional supplementation and discontinuation of ketogenic diet therapiesE G Neal
Matthews Friends Charity and Clinics, Honorary Research Associate, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Epilepsy Res 100:267-71. 2012..The optimal duration of a diet therapy is also discussed, drawing on results of an internationally applied questionnaire...
- The effect of the classical and medium chain triglyceride ketogenic diet on vitamin and mineral levelsS S Christodoulides
UCL Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 25:16-26. 2012..Vitamin A, E, zinc, selenium and magnesium levels were therefore examined in children with intractable epilepsy treated with the KD...