Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Torres I, Rosa Ferreira C, Munro S. The Arf family G protein Arl1 is required for secretory granule biogenesis in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2151-60 pubmed publisher..Arl1 does not appear to be required for AP-1 recruitment in all tissues, suggesting that it is crucially required to enhance Arf1 activation at the trans-Golgi in particular tissues. ..
- Gillingham A, Sinka R, Torres I, Lilley K, Munro S. Toward a comprehensive map of the effectors of rab GTPases. Dev Cell. 2014;31:358-73 pubmed publisher..These include tethering complexes, coiled-coiled proteins, motor linkers, Rab regulators, and several proteins linked to human disease. ..
- Rosa Ferreira C, Christis C, Torres I, Munro S. The small G protein Arl5 contributes to endosome-to-Golgi traffic by aiding the recruitment of the GARP complex to the Golgi. Biol Open. 2015;4:474-81 pubmed publisher..Thus it appears that Arl5 is one of the factors that directs the recruitment of the GARP complex to the trans-Golgi, and this function is conserved in both flies and humans. ..
- Riedel F, Galindo A, Muschalik N, Munro S. The two TRAPP complexes of metazoans have distinct roles and act on different Rab GTPases. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:601-617 pubmed publisher..Thus, in metazoans, Rab1 activation requires TRAPP subunits not found in yeast, and Rab11 activation is shared by TRAPPII and an unrelated GEF that is metazoan specific. ..
- Munro S, Freeman M. The notch signalling regulator fringe acts in the Golgi apparatus and requires the glycosyltransferase signature motif DXD. Curr Biol. 2000;10:813-20 pubmed..They suggest that alteration in receptor glycosylation can regulate the relative efficiency of different ligands. ..
- Galindo A, Soler N, McLaughlin S, Yu M, Williams R, Munro S. Structural Insights into Arl1-Mediated Targeting of the Arf-GEF BIG1 to the trans-Golgi. Cell Rep. 2016;16:839-50 pubmed publisher..The findings provide structural insight into how Arf1 GEFs, and hence active Arf1, achieve their correct subcellular distribution. ..