Genomes and Genes
M R Munafò
Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Interventions for smoking cessation in hospitalised patients: a systematic reviewM Munafo
ICRF General Practice Research Group, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
Thorax 56:656-63. 2001..The purpose of this paper is to systematically review the effectiveness of interventions for smoking cessation in hospitalised patients...
- Anxiety and surgical recovery. Reinterpreting the literatureM R Munafò
University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Psychosom Res 51:589-96. 2001..To critically evaluate the interpretation of the findings reported in the peer-reviewed literature concerning the association of state and trait anxiety with surgical recovery and response to surgery...
- Genetic polymorphisms and personality in healthy adults: a systematic review and meta-analysisM R Munafò
Cancer Research UK GPRG, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Mol Psychiatry 8:471-84. 2003..Implications for the design of future association studies of human personality are discussed, including the likely sample sizes that will be required to achieve sufficient power and the potential role of moderating variables such as sex...
- Meta-analysis indicates that common variants at the DISC1 locus are not associated with schizophreniaI Mathieson
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Mol Psychiatry 17:634-41. 2012..5 and 51% for an odds ratio of 1.1. We find no evidence that common variants at the DISC1 locus are associated with schizophrenia...
- Does measurement instrument moderate the association between the serotonin transporter gene and anxiety-related personality traits? A meta-analysisM R Munafò
Cancer Research UK GPRG, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford PX2 6HE, UK
Mol Psychiatry 10:415-9. 2005..Our results emphasise the importance of complete ascertainment of studies and the identification of relevant sources of heterogeneity...
- Association between the DRD2 gene Taq1A (C32806T) polymorphism and alcohol consumption in social drinkersM R Munafò
Cancer Research UK General Practice Research Group, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Pharmacogenomics J 5:96-101. 2005..These results replicate recent previous findings and suggest a possibility that this association may exist in men only, or be stronger in men...
- Lack of association of the COMT (Val158/108 Met) gene and schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of case-control studiesM R Munafò
Cancer Research UK GPRG, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Mol Psychiatry 10:765-70. 2005..The results of our meta-analysis do not support an association between the COMT Val allele and schizophrenia case status, and do not support recent claims that this association may be moderated by ancestry...