P J Moynihan
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Implementing nutrition guidelines for older people in residential care homes: a qualitative study using Normalization Process TheoryClaire Bamford
Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University, UK
Implement Sci 7:106. 2012..This study used the Normalization Process Theory (NPT) to understand the barriers and facilitators to implementing the guidelines and inform future implementation...
- Extending an approach to hospital malnutrition to community carePaula Moynihan
Institute for Ageing and Health, Human Nutrition Research Centre, Newcastle University
Br J Community Nurs 17:614, 616-21. 2012..The relevance of components of hospitalfoodie to community nutritional care was explored through qualitative interviews and focus groups with a range of care providers...
- Do implant-supported dentures facilitate efficacy of eating more healthily?P J Moynihan
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, United Kingdom
J Dent 40:843-50. 2012..Implant-supported mandibular overdentures (IODs) have functional advantages over conventional dentures (CD), but whether they enhance the ability to eat more healthily following dietary advice is unknown...
- Perceived chewing ability and intake of fruit and vegetablesJ Bradbury
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, UK corrected
J Dent Res 87:720-5. 2008..Attitude, self-identity, and knowledge explained a further approximately 20%. If the diet of denture-wearers is to be improved, psychosocial factors, as well as perceived chewing ability, must be addressed...
- Changes in consumption of sugars by English adolescents over 20 yearsA J Rugg-Gunn
Human Nutrition Research Centre, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, UK
Public Health Nutr 10:354-63. 2007..This study reports dietary sugars consumption in 2000 and compares it with data collected in 1980 and 1990, using identical methods...
- The nutrition knowledge of older adults living in sheltered housing accommodationP J Moynihan
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 20:446-58. 2007..Nutrition knowledge enables informed dietary choices. This paper reports on the nutrition knowledge of older adults residing in sheltered housing accommodation in socially deprived areas of north-east England...
- Attitudes and practices of dentists with respect to nutrition and periodontal healthS A M Kelly
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE24BW
Br Dent J 205:E9; discussion 196-7. 2008..To determine the opinions and attitudes of general dental practitioners and hygienists towards the role of nutrition in periodontal health...
- Development of a patient-based questionnaire about emotional and social issues related to eating with denturesS A M Kelly
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, England, UK
J Dent 40:678-85. 2012....
- Effect on caries of restricting sugars intake: systematic review to inform WHO guidelinesP J Moynihan
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition and Oral Health, Centre for Oral Health Research, Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, UK
J Dent Res 93:8-18. 2014..With the < 5% E cut-off, a significant relationship was observed, but the evidence was judged to be of very low quality. The findings are relevant to minimizing caries risk throughout the life course. ..
- Bioavailability of fluoride in drinking water: a human experimental studyA Maguire
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, UK
J Dent Res 84:989-93. 2005..e., F concentration of individual waters); T(max), time of c(max)...
- Impact of a customised dietary intervention on antioxidant status, dietary intakes and periodontal indices in patients with adult periodontitisA Zare Javid
Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases Research Center, Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran Human Nutrition Research Centre, Centre for Oral Health Research, Institute for Ageing and Health, The Dental School, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 27:523-32. 2014....
- Time to survival for the restoration of the shortened lower dental archJ M Thomason
School of Dental Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Dent Res 86:646-50. 2007..29). In the absence of significant differences in five-year survival, the reported advantages of fixed partial dentures, including reduced maintenance frequency, offer positive support for the use of resin-bonded fixed partial dentures...
- Changes in water intake of Northumbrian adolescents 1980 to 2000F V Zohouri
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4BW, UK
Br Dent J 196:547-52; discussion 537. 2004..To determine: total water intake in young English adolescents; the relative importance of sources of water intake; and changes in water intake and sources of water between 1980 and 2000...