P J Moynihan
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Implementing nutrition guidelines for older people in residential care homes: a qualitative study using Normalization Process TheoryClaire Bamford
Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University, UK
Implement Sci 7:106. 2012..This study used the Normalization Process Theory (NPT) to understand the barriers and facilitators to implementing the guidelines and inform future implementation...
- Extending an approach to hospital malnutrition to community carePaula Moynihan
Institute for Ageing and Health, Human Nutrition Research Centre, Newcastle University
Br J Community Nurs 17:614, 616-21. 2012..The relevance of components of hospitalfoodie to community nutritional care was explored through qualitative interviews and focus groups with a range of care providers...
- Do implant-supported dentures facilitate efficacy of eating more healthily?P J Moynihan
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, United Kingdom
J Dent 40:843-50. 2012..Implant-supported mandibular overdentures (IODs) have functional advantages over conventional dentures (CD), but whether they enhance the ability to eat more healthily following dietary advice is unknown...
- Perceived chewing ability and intake of fruit and vegetablesJ Bradbury
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, UK corrected
J Dent Res 87:720-5. 2008..Attitude, self-identity, and knowledge explained a further approximately 20%. If the diet of denture-wearers is to be improved, psychosocial factors, as well as perceived chewing ability, must be addressed...
- Changes in consumption of sugars by English adolescents over 20 yearsA J Rugg-Gunn
Human Nutrition Research Centre, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, UK
Public Health Nutr 10:354-63. 2007..This study reports dietary sugars consumption in 2000 and compares it with data collected in 1980 and 1990, using identical methods...
- The nutrition knowledge of older adults living in sheltered housing accommodationP J Moynihan
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 20:446-58. 2007..Nutrition knowledge enables informed dietary choices. This paper reports on the nutrition knowledge of older adults residing in sheltered housing accommodation in socially deprived areas of north-east England...
- Attitudes and practices of dentists with respect to nutrition and periodontal healthS A M Kelly
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE24BW
Br Dent J 205:E9; discussion 196-7. 2008..To determine the opinions and attitudes of general dental practitioners and hygienists towards the role of nutrition in periodontal health...
- Development of a patient-based questionnaire about emotional and social issues related to eating with denturesS A M Kelly
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, England, UK
J Dent 40:678-85. 2012....
- Effect on caries of restricting sugars intake: systematic review to inform WHO guidelinesP J Moynihan
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition and Oral Health, Centre for Oral Health Research, Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, UK
J Dent Res 93:8-18. 2014..With the < 5% E cut-off, a significant relationship was observed, but the evidence was judged to be of very low quality. The findings are relevant to minimizing caries risk throughout the life course. ..
- Bioavailability of fluoride in drinking water: a human experimental studyA Maguire
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, UK
J Dent Res 84:989-93. 2005..e., F concentration of individual waters); T(max), time of c(max)...
- Time to survival for the restoration of the shortened lower dental archJ M Thomason
School of Dental Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Dent Res 86:646-50. 2007..29). In the absence of significant differences in five-year survival, the reported advantages of fixed partial dentures, including reduced maintenance frequency, offer positive support for the use of resin-bonded fixed partial dentures...
- Changes in water intake of Northumbrian adolescents 1980 to 2000F V Zohouri
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4BW, UK
Br Dent J 196:547-52; discussion 537. 2004..To determine: total water intake in young English adolescents; the relative importance of sources of water intake; and changes in water intake and sources of water between 1980 and 2000...