P A Mossey
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Fluoride supplements and changes in tooth decay on the Island of Tristan da Cunha: 1966-1996P A Mossey
Department of Dental Health, University of Dundee Dental School, Park Place, Dundee DD1 4HR, Scotland, UK
Br Dent J 195:159-62; discussion 149. 2003..They were later examined back on the island in 1966 by Dr John Fisher and in 1982 a school fluoride supplementation programme was introduced...
- Hypodontia--a retrospective review of prevalence and etiology. Part IColin J Larmour
Department of Orthodontics, Argyll House, Aberdeen, Scotland
Quintessence Int 36:263-70. 2005..However, variable expression of the trait suggests a polygenic mode of inheritence with epistatic genes and environmental factors interacting...
- Management of hypodontia: restorative considerations. Part IIIAndrew H Forgie
Specialist Registrar, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dundee Dental School, Dundee, Scotland
Quintessence Int 36:437-45. 2005..A range of treatment options, including implants, adhesive techniques, and removable prostheses, are covered. The investigators have detailed the clinical indications, and noted their relative advantages and disadvantages...
- Prevention of orofacial clefts: does pregnancy planning have a role?Peter A Mossey
University of Dundee, Dental School, Scotland, UK
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:244-50. 2007..To investigate the association between pregnancy planning and orofacial clefts in the United Kingdom...
- Addressing the challenges of cleft lip and palate research in IndiaPeter Mossey
Unit of Orthodontics, Dundee University Dental School, 1 Park Place, Dundee, DD1 4HR, Scotland, United Kingdom
Indian J Plast Surg 42:S9-S18. 2009..This will fuel the interest of India in birth defects registration and international efforts aimed at improving quality of care and ultimately prevention of non-syndromic clefts of the lip and palate...
- Epidemiology of oral clefts 2012: an international perspectiveP A Mossey
Unit of Dental and Oral Health, University of Dundee Dental School, Dundee, UK
Front Oral Biol 16:1-18. 2012..Descriptive epidemiology underpins research enquiry in both of these major areas...
- Epidemiology underpinning research in the aetiology of orofacial cleftsPeter Mossey
University of Dundee, Dental Hospital and School, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Orthod Craniofac Res 10:114-20. 2007....
- Cleft lip and palatePeter A Mossey
Department of Dental and Oral Health, University of Dundee, Dental Hospital and School, Dundee, UK
Lancet 374:1773-85. 2009..Prevention is the ultimate objective for clefts of the lip and palate, and a prerequisite of this aim is to elucidate causes of the disorders. Technological advances and international collaborations have yielded some successes...
- The parental dentocraniofacial phenotype-an orofacial clefting microformPeter A Mossey
Department of Dental Health, University of Dundee Dental School, Park Place, Dundee DD14HR, Scotland
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 47:22-34. 2010....
- Socioeconomic status and orofacial clefts in Scotland, 1989 to 1998J D Clark
Unit of Dental and Oral Health, Dental School, University of Dundee, Scotland
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 40:481-5. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the association between socioeconomic status and orofacial clefts (OFC) in Scotland...
- Global oral health inequalities: challenges in the prevention and management of orofacial clefts and potential solutionsP A Mossey
University of Dundee Dental Hospital and School, Scotland, UK
Adv Dent Res 23:247-58. 2011..The future research agenda also requires engagement with implementation science to get research findings into practice...
- The Structured Clinical Operative Test (SCOT) in dental competency assessmentP A Mossey
Unit of Dental and Oral Health, University of Dundee, Scotland
Br Dent J 190:387-90. 2001..This paper describes a method of assessment of invasive clinical procedures which are currently being devised, and which are perceived to be a method that may be used to complement OSCEs in overall clinical skills assessment...
- Scope of the OSCE in the assessment of clinical skills in dentistryP A Mossey
Unit of Dental and Oral Health, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Br Dent J 190:323-6. 2001..There are however no strict or limiting guidelines on the types of scenario that are used in the OSCE examinations and experience and experimentation will inevitably result in the refinement of the OSCE as a tool for assessment...
- Posteroanterior cephalometric analysis of the parental craniofacial morphology in orofacial cleftingG T McIntyre
Orthodontic Department, Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 40:416-25. 2003..To evaluate the parental craniofacial morphology in orofacial clefting (OFC). Design: Case-control posteroanterior cephalometric study...
- Asymmetry of the craniofacial skeleton in the parents of children with a cleft lip, with or without a cleft palate, or an isolated cleft palateG T McIntyre
Orthodontic Department, University of Dundee Dental Hospital and School, UK
Eur J Orthod 32:177-85. 2010..Although directional size asymmetry is present in the parental craniofacial skeleton in CP, shape asymmetry is not a characteristic feature...
- An investigation into the use of a structured clinical operative test for the assessment of a clinical skillB J Scott
Unit of Clinical Dental Sciences, Dundee Dental Hospital and School, Park Place, Dundee DD1 4HR, Scotland, UK
Eur J Dent Educ 5:31-7. 2001..Furthermore, for the assessment of more complex clinical skills, great care is needed in assembling criteria that can be used reproducibly, and sufficient preparation time for the assessors is critical...
- Evaluation of a modified Huddart/Bodenham scoring system for assessment of maxillary arch constriction in unilateral cleft lip and palate subjectsD Gray
University of Dundee Dental School, Scotland, UK
Eur J Orthod 27:507-11. 2005..It has a high degree of correlation with the recommended standards, but is more versatile and sensitive to inter-arch discrepancies...
- Preliminary investigation of a modified Huddart/Bodenham scoring system for assessment of maxillary arch constriction in unilateral cleft lip and palate subjectsP A Mossey
Unit of Dental and Oral Health, Dundee Dental School, UK
Eur J Orthod 25:251-7. 2003..It was also more versatile and more sensitive to interarch discrepancies. However, further work is required to refine it to reflect the potential for orthodontic treatment to mask interarch discrepancy following surgery...
- Asymmetry of the parental craniofacial skeleton in orofacial cleftingG T McIntyre
University of Dundee Dental School, UK
J Orthod 29:299-305; discussion 278-9. 2002..To evaluate size-related and shape-related craniofacial skeletal asymmetries in the parents of children with orofacial clefting (OFC)...
- Assessment of arch constriction in patients with bilateral cleft lip and palate and isolated cleft palate: a pilot studyCatherine Tothill
Orthodontic Department, Dundee Hospital and School, Scotland, UK
Eur J Orthod 29:193-7. 2007..The modified Huddart/Bodenham scoring system provides a useful tool suitable for assessing arch constriction in all types of orofacial clefting, which is objective, sensitive, and versatile...
- Reliability, completeness and accuracy of cleft subphenotyping as recorded on the CLEFTSiS (Cleft Service in Scotland) electronic patient recordW A McBride
Dental School, University of Dundee, 2 Park Place, Dundee DD1 4HR, UK
Surgeon 11:313-8. 2013..The CLEFTSiS (Cleft Service in Scotland) electronic patient record (EPR) contains pre-surgical photographs among other records and this study proposes to assess the reliability of diagnosis and accuracy of the type and extent of cleft...
- Ectopia or concomitant hypohyperdontia? A case reportG Bateman
University of Dundee, Dental Hospital and School, 1 Park Place, Dundee, DD1 4HR, Scotland, UK
J Orthod 33:71-7. 2006..Treatment planning is discussed and treatment carried out in this particular case is detailed. The unusual symmetrical bilateral anomalies in this patient may point to a genetic determinant of tooth germ position and/or movement...
- Size and shape measurement in contemporary cephalometricsGrant T McIntyre
Orthodontic Department, University of Dundee Dental School, UK
Eur J Orthod 25:231-42. 2003..This article evaluates the advantages and limitations of the above methods currently used to analyse the craniofacial morphology on cephalograms and investigates their clinical relevance and possible applications...