Tiago E Moreira
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Self, agency and the surgical collective: detachmentTiago E Moreira
Centre for Health Services Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Sociol Health Illn 26:32-49. 2004..It is my contention that this research may contribute to the literature on the experience of chronic illness by specifying the socio-technical conditions for the local achievement of self and agency...
- Diversity in clinical guidelines: the role of repertoires of evaluationTiago Moreira
Centre for Health Services Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 21 Claremont Place, NE2 4AA, UK
Soc Sci Med 60:1975-85. 2005..This research provides a detailed and layered understanding of the knowledge dynamics involved in developing recommendations for appropriate health care for specific clinical circumstance...
- Technogovernance: evidence, subjectivity, and the clinical encounter in primary care medicineCarl May
Centre for Health Services Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4AA, UK
Soc Sci Med 62:1022-30. 2006....
- Little bottles and the promise of probioticsDuika Burges Watson
Newcastle University, UK
Health (London) 13:219-34. 2009..The seemingly incommensurate promise of probiotics between popular and medical spheres provides the point of departure for an examination of the geographies of hope, truth and selfhood...
- A new method of analysis enabled a better understanding of clinical practice guideline development processesTiago Moreira
Centre for Health Services Research, School of Population and Health Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 21 Claremont Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4AA, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 59:1199-206. 2006..To describe the process by which various forms of evidence are discussed, valued, and interpreted within the process of developing evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and, in so doing, to develop a method for such studies...