D J Moore
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Protocol for a systematic review and economic evaluation of the clinical and cost-effectiveness of non-hospital-based non-invasive ventilation (NIV) in patients with stable end-stage COPD with hypercapnic respiratory failureChirag Dave
Department of Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Syst Rev 3:32. 2014..This is a protocol for systematic reviews of the clinical and cost-effectiveness of NIV in this context, being undertaken in support of a model based economic evaluation...
- Protocol for a systematic review of the diagnostic and prognostic utility of tests currently available for the detection of aspirin resistance in patients with established cardiovascular or cerebrovascular diseaseSmriti Raichand
Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Syst Rev 2:16. 2013..The review has been registered with PROSPERO (CRD42012002151)...
- Effectiveness and safety of nicotine replacement therapy assisted reduction to stop smoking: systematic review and meta-analysisDavid Moore
School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT
BMJ 338:b1024. 2009..To determine the effectiveness and safety of nicotine replacement therapy assisted reduction to stop smoking...
- The prevalence of and survival in Mucopolysaccharidosis I: Hurler, Hurler-Scheie and Scheie syndromes in the UKDavid Moore
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Orphanet J Rare Dis 3:24. 2008..In general such data on the natural history of lysosomal storage diseases is sparse...
- The effect of age on the macromolecular permeability of human Bruch's membraneD J Moore
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:2970-5. 2001..To determine whether age-related changes in Bruch's membrane affect its permeability to macromolecules. Such changes have been postulated to underlie some pathologic manifestations of age-related macular degeneration...
- Commissioning for rare diseases: view from the frontlineAmanda Burls
West Midlands Health Technology Assessment Collaboration, Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT
BMJ 331:1019-21. 2005
- Assessing the outcomes of prolonged cessation-induction and aid-to-cessation trials: floating prolonged abstinencePaul Aveyard
School of Population and Health Sciences Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Nicotine Tob Res 11:475-80. 2009..Conventional outcome measures are tied to a fixed but arbitrary point in follow-up and cannot capture the true outcome: Prolonged cessation anchored to the point at which a person makes a successful quit attempt...
- Prevalence, incidence and mortality associated with tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in rural UgandaDavid Moore
Global AIDS Program, Us centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Entebbe, Uganda
AIDS 21:713-9. 2007..Tuberculosis (TB) is the leading cause of death among people with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa. Expanding access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) may reduce the burden of TB, but to what extent is unknown...
- Global IDEADavid Moore
CMAJ 172:1537-8; author reply 1538-9. 2005
- Assessing the health implications for healthcare workers of regulatory changes eliminating locally developed occupational exposure limits in favor of TLVs: an evidence-based bipartite approachPhilip Bigelow
Occupational Health and Safety Agency of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Int J Occup Environ Health 10:433-44. 2004..While the WCB of BC did implement the change, the present report resulted in procedural changes that will provide better protection for the workforce...
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Working Group report of the second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionSimon H Murch
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:S647-54. 2004
- Inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents: Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionHans Buller
European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S151-8. 2002
- Mobility in Hurler syndromeColm Taylor
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland
J Pediatr Orthop 28:163-8. 2008..This cohort represents one of the largest available for study, and ongoing review will clarify the progression of musculoskeletal problems and determine the effectiveness of orthopaedic intervention...