Affiliation: University of Hull
- Functional analysis of challenging behaviour in dementia: the role of superstitionE Moniz-Cook
Department of Clinical Psychology, School of Medicine, University of Hull, Hull HU3 2SG, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:45-56. 2001..Intervention for challenging behaviour of residents living in care homes is a neglected area of research. Pharmacological methods of management are widespread, although support for their efficacy is, on the whole, poor...
- Cognitive-behavioural rehabilitation programme for patients with an implanted cardioverter defibrillator: a pilot studyD J Frizelle
Department of Clinical Psychology, c o The Institute of Rehabilitation, 215 Anlaby Road, Hull HU3 2PG, UK
Br J Health Psychol 9:381-92. 2004..The effectiveness of a comprehensive 12-week CR programme for ICD patients was evaluated...
- A European consensus on outcome measures for psychosocial intervention research in dementia careE Moniz-Cook
Institute of Rehabilitation, University of Hull and Humber Mental Health Teaching NHS Trust, Hull, UK
Aging Ment Health 12:14-29. 2008..Areas were identified where improved outcome measures for psychosocial intervention research studies are required...
- Defining "early dementia" and monitoring intervention: what measures are useful in family caregiving?K Richards
Hull and East Riding Community NHS Trust, Hull, UK
Aging Ment Health 7:7-14. 2003..The use of psychosocial measures of disability in conjunction with those of cognition, are important in the definition and longitudinal measurement of intervention and support in early dementia...
- An electronic memory aid to support prospective memory in patients in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease: a pilot studyM Oriani
Alzheimer Research and Care Unit, I.R.C.C.S, via Pilastroni 4, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Aging Ment Health 7:22-7. 2003..Future research that examines the value of using an EMA to help with tasks that are associated with prospective memory with a larger sample of patients within their own home context is suggested...
- Prevalence and predictors of anxiety and depression in a sample of chronic heart failure patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunctionJ E Haworth
Department of Clinical Psychology, Post Graduate Medical Institute, Hertford Building, University of Hull, Kingston upon Hull HU6 7RX, United Kingdom
Eur J Heart Fail 7:803-8. 2005..To determine the prevalence and predictors of anxiety and depression in patients with heart failure due to Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction (LVSD)...
- Cognitive stimulation and dementiaE Moniz-Cook
Aging Ment Health 10:207-10. 2006
- Distinguishing worry from rumination in older people: a preliminary investigationC Rewston
Psychological Services, Humber Mental Health Teaching NHS Trust, Kingston upon Hull, UK
Aging Ment Health 11:604-11. 2007..Future research with a substantial clinical sample is needed to explore the underlying dimensions and correlates of worry in later life...