Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Acetylation of MEK2 and I kappa B kinase (IKK) activation loop residues by YopJ inhibits signalingRohit Mittal
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18574-9. 2006....
- The acetyltransferase activity of the bacterial toxin YopJ of Yersinia is activated by eukaryotic host cell inositol hexakisphosphateRohit Mittal
Medical Research Council MRC, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
J Biol Chem 285:19927-34. 2010....
- FCHo proteins are nucleators of clathrin-mediated endocytosisWilliam Mike Henne
Medical Research Council, Laboratory of Molecular Biology MRC LMB, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Science 328:1281-4. 2010..The FCHo F-BAR membrane-bending activity was required, leading to the proposal that FCHo1/2 sculpt the initial bud site and recruit the clathrin machinery for CCV formation...
- Cooperative recruitment of dynamin and BIN/amphiphysin/Rvs (BAR) domain-containing proteins leads to GTP-dependent membrane scissionMichael Meinecke
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Medical Research Council, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 288:6651-61. 2013..Furthermore, GTP-dependent membrane scission by dynamin was dramatically elevated by BAR domain proteins. Thus, BAR domain proteins and dynamin act in synergy in membrane recruitment and GTP-dependent vesicle scission...
- Structure and analysis of FCHo2 F-BAR domain: a dimerizing and membrane recruitment module that effects membrane curvatureWilliam Mike Henne
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB1 0QH, United Kingdom
Structure 15:839-52. 2007..This structure shows a distant relationship to curvature-sensing BAR modules, and suggests how similar coiled-coil architectures in the BAR superfamily have evolved to expand the repertoire of membrane-sculpting possibilities...
- Effects of remote mutation on the autolysis of HIV-1 PR: X-ray and NMR investigationsMukesh Kumar
Solid State Physics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400 005, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:395-401. 2002..This provides a rationale for the effects of remote mutations on the activity and drug resistance of the enzyme...
- Structural characterization of the large soluble oligomers of the GTPase effector domain of dynaminJeetender Chugh
Department of Chemical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Reseach, Mumbai, India
FEBS J 273:388-97. 2006....
- Local structural preferences and dynamics restrictions in the urea-denatured state of SUMO-1: NMR characterizationAshutosh Kumar
Department of Chemical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India
Biophys J 90:2498-509. 2006..The implications of these observations for the early folding events starting from the urea-denatured state of activated SUMO-1 have been discussed...