Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- Understanding delayed access to antenatal care: a qualitative interview studyRosalind Haddrill
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:207. 2014..Delayed access to antenatal care ('late booking') has been linked to increased maternal and fetal mortality and morbidity. The aim of this qualitative study was to understand why some women are late to access antenatal care...
- Leaders, leadership and future primary care clinical researchJohn Furler
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Fam Pract 9:52. 2008..To meet the increasing demands being made of it, primary care needs its own thriving research culture and knowledge base...
- Costs and effectiveness of pre- and post-operative home physiotherapy for total knee replacement: randomized controlled trialCaroline Mitchell
University of Sheffield, School of Health and Related Research ScHARR, Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, Community Sciences Centre, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 11:283-92. 2005..To assess the effectiveness of pre- and post-operative physiotherapy at home for unilateral total knee replacement (TKR)...
- Shoulder pain: diagnosis and management in primary careCaroline Mitchell
Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, School of Health and Related Research ScHARR, University of Sheffield, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield S5 7AU
BMJ 331:1124-8. 2005
- Impact of the QOF and the NICE guideline in the diagnosis and management of depression: a qualitative studyCaroline Mitchell
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, Community Mental Health Team, Sheffield, UK
Br J Gen Pract 61:e279-89. 2011....
- Predicting biopsychosocial outcomes for heroin users in primary care treatment: a prospective longitudinal cohort studyJamie Parmenter
Clinical Psychology Unit, Department of Psychology, University of Sheffield, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield
Br J Gen Pract 63:e499-505. 2013..Few extended studies have been carried out in UK primary care to study factors predicting recovery...
- "Riding the bumpy seas": or the impact of the Knowledge Skills Framework component of the Agenda for Change initiative on staff in intermediate care settingsAlex McClimens
Centre for Health and Social Care Research, Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, UK
J Interprof Care 24:70-9. 2010..From this perspective, AfC was seen to reward specialization rather than skill sharing, and had difficulty differentiating between and rewarding staff with broad generalist roles...
- "I suddenly felt I'd aged": A qualitative study of patient experiences of polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR)Helen Twohig
Academic Unit of Primary Medical Care, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 98:645-50. 2015..To explore patient experiences of living with, and receiving treatment for, PMR...
- Suspected premature menopauseGeorgina Louise Jones
Health Services Research Section, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield
BMJ 336:833. 2008
- Closing the osteoporosis management gap in primary care: a secondary prevention of fracture programmeEamonn Brankin
Coatbridge Local Health Care Co operative, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Curr Med Res Opin 21:475-82. 2005..Prioritisation of assessment and treatment for those patients at highest risk of fracture will and treatment for those patients at highest risk of fracture will will ensure the optimal utilisation of healthcare resources...
- Is pathology examination useful after early surgical abortion?Maureen Paul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:567-71. 2002..We conducted this study to evaluate the incremental clinical benefit of pathology examination after surgical abortion at less than 6 weeks' gestation...