Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- DNA methylation in liver tumorigenesis in fish from the environmentLeda Mirbahai
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Epigenetics 6:1319-33. 2011..The findings suggest a link between environment, epigenetics and cancer in fish tumors in the wild and show the utility of this methodology for studies in non-model organisms...
- Comprehensive profiling of zebrafish hepatic proximal promoter CpG island methylation and its modification during chemical carcinogenesisLeda Mirbahai
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
BMC Genomics 12:3. 2011..The zebrafish is increasingly employed as a human disease model; however there is a lack of information on DNA methylation in zebrafish and during fish tumorigenesis...
- Disruption of DNA methylation via S-adenosylhomocysteine is a key process in high incidence liver carcinogenesis in fishLeda Mirbahai
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Proteome Res 12:2895-904. 2013..With further studies, the modifications may offer opportunities as biomarkers of exposure to environmental factors influencing disease...
- Gene expression and epigenetic changes by furan in rat liverTao Chen
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Toxicology 292:63-70. 2012....
- Epigenetic memory of environmental organisms: a reflection of lifetime stressor exposuresLeda Mirbahai
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Mutat Res Genet Toxicol Environ Mutagen 764:10-7. 2014....
- The toxicological application of transcriptomics and epigenomics in zebrafish and other teleostsTim D Williams
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK Tel 44 121 414 3393 Fax 44 121 414 5925
Brief Funct Genomics 13:157-71. 2014..Integration of such approaches with high-throughput testing of zebrafish embryos, leading to the discovery of adverse outcome pathways, promises to make a major contribution to ensuring the safety of chemicals in the environment...