Anne C Milne
Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Oral protein and energy supplementation in older people: a systematic review of randomized trialsAnne C Milne
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Clin Perform Programme 10:103-20; discussion 120-5. 2005
- Meta-analysis: protein and energy supplementation in older peopleAnne C Milne
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 144:37-48. 2006..Protein and energy undernutrition is common in older people, and further deterioration may occur during illness...
- Effect of multivitamin and multimineral supplementation on cognitive function in men and women aged 65 years and over: a randomised controlled trialGeraldine McNeill
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Nutr J 6:10. 2007..We examined the effect of daily supplementation with 11 vitamins and 5 minerals on cognitive function in older adults to assess the possibility that this could help to prevent cognitive decline...
- A cost-utility analysis of multivitamin and multimineral supplements in men and women aged 65 years and overMary M Kilonzo
Health Economics Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Clin Nutr 26:364-70. 2007..However, the evidence from the available randomised controlled trials (RCTs) is mixed. The aim of the study was to assess the relative efficiency of multivitamin and multimineral supplementation compared with no supplementation...
- Effect of multivitamin and multimineral supplements on morbidity from infections in older people (MAVIS trial): pragmatic, randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trialAlison Avenell
Health Services Research Unit, School of Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD
BMJ 331:324-9. 2005..To examine whether supplementation with multivitamins and multiminerals influences self reported days of infection, use of health services, and quality of life in people aged 65 or over...
- Improved food intake in frail older peopleAnne C Milne
BMJ 332:1165-6. 2006
- The key role of micronutrientsAlison Avenell
Clin Nutr 26:159; author reply 160. 2007
- Does enteral nutrition affect clinical outcome? A systematic review of the randomized trialsRonald L Koretz
Department of Medicine, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar, California 91342, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:412-29; quiz 468. 2007..A systematic review of 82 randomized controlled trials (RCTs) of PN published in 2001 found little, if any, effect on mortality, morbidity, or duration of hospital stay; in some situations, PN increased infectious complication rates...