- Reconstructing chromosphere concentration images directly by continuous-wave diffuse optical tomography
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Opt Lett 29:256-8. 2004
..We demonstrate this improvement with simulations and a dynamic blood phantom experiment...
- Optimal linear inverse solution with multiple priors in diffuse optical tomography
Department of Physics Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Appl Opt 44:1948-56. 2005
..Simulations are performed to demonstrate the significant improvement in image quality afforded by combining spatial and spectral priors...
- Estimation and statistical bounds for three-dimensional polar shapes in diffuse optical tomography
Biomedical Engineering Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 7046 Jonsson Engineering Center, Troy, NY 12180, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:752-65. 2008
..82 cm(3) with errors of less than 10% in object volume and absorption contrast. We also investigate the robustness of our shape-based reconstruction approach to a violation of the assumption that the medium is purely piecewise constant...
- Determination of nitrogen solubility in dilute pepsin hydrochloric acid solution of fishmeal: interlaboratory study
Eric L Miller
University of Cambridge, Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J AOAC Int 85:1374-81. 2002
..The type of shaker and source of pepsin are recommended but are not mandatory. The repeatability and reproducibility limits of this new method are 1.6 and 3.3% units of solubility, respectively...
- Repeatability and reproducibility of determination of the nitrogen content of fishmeal by the combustion (Dumas) method and comparison with the Kjeldahl method: interlaboratory study
Eric L Miller
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB3 OES United Kingdom
J AOAC Int 90:6-20. 2007
..64% by Kjeldahl. It is concluded that with fishmeal, Dumas gives a more reliable measure of organic nitrogen than Kjeldahl, and, therefore, Dumas should be the method of choice...
- Three-dimensional surface mesh segmentation using curvedness-based region growing approach
Motorola Inc, Anaheim, CA 92807, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 29:2195-204. 2007
- Spatio-temporal imaging of the hemoglobin in the compressed breast with diffuse optical tomography
Biomedical Engineering Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Jonsson Engineering Center, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Phys Med Biol 52:3619-41. 2007
..We are able to quantify the global return of blood to the breast following compression, and, in addition, localized changes are observed which correspond to the glandular region of the breast...
- Spherical harmonics microwave algorithm for shape and location reconstruction of breast cancer tumor
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:1258-71. 2006
..This work demonstrates the promise of the algorithm when used on data corrupted with Gaussian noise and when perfect knowledge of the tumor electrical properties is not available...
- Quantitative spectroscopic diffuse optical tomography of the breast guided by imperfect a priori structural information
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, 302 Stearns Hall, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Phys Med Biol 50:3941-56. 2005
..In addition, we examine the consequences which errors in the breast segmentation have on estimating both the background and inhomogeneity chromophore concentrations...
- Adaptive two-pass rank order filter to remove impulse noise in highly corrupted images
Center for Subsurface Sensing and Imaging Systems, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:238-47. 2004
..Results from computer simulations are used to demonstrate the performance of this type of adaptation using a number of basic rank order filters...