Christien J Merrifield
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Imaging actin and dynamin recruitment during invagination of single clathrin-coated pitsChristien J Merrifield
Vollum Institute L 474, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:691-8. 2002..Therefore, dynamin may provide the trigger and actin may provide the force for movement into the cytosol...
- Seeing is believing: imaging actin dynamics at single sites of endocytosisChristien J Merrifield
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Division of Cell Biology, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Trends Cell Biol 14:352-8. 2004..In this article, I will discuss three models for the role of actin polymerization in endocytosis...
- Annexin 2 binding to phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate on endocytic vesicles is regulated by the stress response pathwayMatthew J Hayes
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:14157-64. 2004..These results establish a novel phospholipid-binding specificity for annexin 2 consistent with a role in mediating the interaction between the macropinosome surface and the polymerized actin tail...
- A high precision survey of the molecular dynamics of mammalian clathrin-mediated endocytosisMarcus J Taylor
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 9:e1000604. 2011....
- Coupling between clathrin-coated-pit invagination, cortactin recruitment, and membrane scission observed in live cellsChristien J Merrifield
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Cell 121:593-606. 2005..We propose that CCP invagination, actin polymerization, and CCV formation are highly coordinated for efficient endocytosis...
- A feedback loop between dynamin and actin recruitment during clathrin-mediated endocytosisMarcus J Taylor
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 10:e1001302. 2012..Conversely actin serves as a dynamic scaffold that concentrates dynamin and N-BAR proteins at sites of scission...
- Neural Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome Protein (N-WASP) and the Arp2/3 complex are recruited to sites of clathrin-mediated endocytosis in cultured fibroblastsChristien J Merrifield
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 83:13-8. 2004..We suggest that N-WASP and the Arp2/3 complex trigger actin polymerization during a late step in clathrin-mediated endocytosis, and propel clathrin-coated pits or vesicles from the plasma membrane into the cytoplasm...
- Dynamics of endocytic vesicle creationDavid Perrais
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, CNRS UMR 5091, Universite Bordeaux 2, Institut Francois Magendie, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Dev Cell 9:581-92. 2005....