Amy C McPherson
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- The use of sections 2 and 3 of the Mental Health Act (1983) with older people: a prospective studyA McPherson
Old Age Psychiatry, Division of Psychiatry, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Aging Ment Health 7:153-7. 2003..Risk of suicide was particularly highlighted with the under 65 age group. Implications for legislative reform are discussed...
- Educational interventions--computers for delivering education to children with respiratory illness and to their parentsAmy C McPherson
School of Nursing, University of Nottingham, B Floor Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Paediatr Respir Rev 6:215-26. 2005..Furthermore, internet sites are largely unregulated and of variable quality. It is essential that educational computer interventions are evidence-based and rigorously evaluated to identify who will benefit most from these packages...
- A randomized, controlled trial of an interactive educational computer package for children with asthmaAmy C McPherson
School of Nursing, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 117:1046-54. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the impact and acceptability of an educational multimedia program designed to promote self-management skills in children with asthma...
- Factors affecting children's involvement in asthma consultations: a questionnaire survey of general practitioners and primary care asthma nursesAmy C McPherson
School of Nursing, University of Nottingham, UK
Prim Care Respir J 18:15-20. 2009..To explore UK primary care healthcare practitioners' involvement of children in asthma consultations...
- Asthma as a barrier to children's physical activity: implications for body mass index and mental healthCristine Glazebrook
School of Community Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 118:2443-9. 2006..It was hypothesized that children with asthma would have higher BMI and lower levels of customary activity...