Catherine M McGowan
Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Dietary restriction in combination with a nutraceutical supplement for the management of equine metabolic syndrome in horsesC M McGowan
Department of Musculoskeletal Biology, Institute of Infection and Global Health, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
Vet J 196:153-9. 2013....
- Endocrinopathic laminitisCatherine M McGowan
School of Veterinary Science, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, UK
Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 26:233-7. 2010..Exclusion of inflammatory or weight bearing causes of laminitis and focussing on the identification and treatment of underlying endocrine conditions will improve laminitis management strategies...
- A survey of health care and disease in geriatric horses aged 30 years or olderJoanne L Ireland
Institute of Infection and Global Health, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Neston CH64 7TE, UK
Vet J 192:57-64. 2012....
- Muscle fibre type distribution of the thoracolumbar and hindlimb regions of horses: relating fibre type and functional roleHeli K Hyytiäinen
Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, Leahurst CH64 7TE, UK
Acta Vet Scand 56:8. 2014..The myosin heavy chain distribution was determined by gel electrophoresis. Mann-Whitney rank test was used to compare the proportional MFT and differences between breeds...
- The prevalence and nature of cardiac arrhythmias in horses following general anaesthesia and surgeryRuth A Morgan
Philip Leverhulme Equine Hospital, University of Liverpool, Leahurst Campus, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 7TE, UK
Acta Vet Scand 53:62. 2011..Our secondary objective was to assess selected available risk factors for association with the development of arrhythmias following anaesthesia and surgery...