Affiliation: University of York
- Need for high-quality studies in health technology assessments: the case of a systematic review of treatment for retinoblastomaCatriona M McDaid
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:408-18. 2006..The aim of this study was to conduct a systematic review of the evidence for treatments for retinoblastoma in children...
- Interventions for people bereaved through suicide: systematic reviewCatriona McDaid
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York YO105 DD, UK
Br J Psychiatry 193:438-43. 2008..Promoting the mental health of people bereaved through suicide is a key aim of the National Suicide Prevention Strategy...
- A systematic review of continuous positive airway pressure for obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea syndromeCatriona McDaid
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York, UK
Sleep Med Rev 13:427-36. 2009..CPAP is an effective treatment for OSAHS in moderate to severe symptomatic patients and there may be benefits for mild symptoms. Dental devices may be a treatment option for moderate symptoms...
- A systematic review highlights threats to validity in studies of barriers to cancer trial participationDebra Fayter
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 60:990-1001. 2007..To investigate the barriers, modifiers, and benefits involved in participating in randomized controlled trials of cancer therapies as perceived by health care providers and patients...
- Cost-effectiveness of enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP) for the treatment of stable angina in the United KingdomClaire McKenna
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, Heslington, York, United Kingdom
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 26:175-82. 2010....
- Are adverse effects incorporated in economic models? A survey of current practiceDawn Craig
University of York, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 26:323-9. 2010..In the worst case, interventions that are cost-effective may be shown not to be. The aim of this research was to review current practice when incorporating adverse effects in economic models...