Affiliation: University of Essex
- Neighbourhood and family influences on the cognitive ability of children in the British National Child Development StudyA McCulloch
Institute for Social and Economic Research, University of Essex, Colchester, UK
Soc Sci Med 53:579-91. 2001..Thus, it appears that families still should be viewed as the key agents in promoting positive development in children...
- Teenage childbearing in Great Britain and the spatial concentration of poverty householdsA McCulloch
Institute of Social and Economic Research, University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 55:16-23. 2001..To investigate the association between the spatial concentration of deprived households and teenage non-marital childbearing. Associations with area deprivation are tested before and after allowing for levels of personal deprivation...
- An examination of social capital and social disorganisation in neighbourhoods in the British household panel studyAndrew McCulloch
Institute for Economic and Social Research, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, CO4 3SQ, Colchester, UK
Soc Sci Med 56:1425-38. 2003..The results show that neighbourhood structural characteristics influence social organisation processes. This helps establish a link between the structural characteristics of neighbourhoods and individual health outcomes...
- Variation in children's cognitive and behavioural adjustment between different types of place in the British National Child Development StudyAndrew McCulloch
2 Napiershall Street, Glasgow G20 6HQ, UK
Soc Sci Med 62:1865-79. 2006..Mediated effects were stronger for the family risk factors behavioural problems association than for the neighbourhood classification...
- Mental health. How we can find hope for the lost generationAndrew McCulloch
Mental Health Foundation
Health Serv J 117:20-1. 2007