Affiliation: University of Dundee
- What do we know about who does and does not attend general health checks? Findings from a narrative scoping reviewRuth Dryden
Social Dimensions of Health Institute, 11 Airlie Place, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
BMC Public Health 12:723. 2012..This literature review explores the socio-demographic, clinical and social cognitive characteristics of those who do and do not engage with general health checks or preventive health checks for cardiovascular disease...
- Use of aspirin post-diagnosis in a cohort of patients with colorectal cancer and its association with all-cause and colorectal cancer specific mortalityC McCowan
Division of Population Health Sciences, Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 49:1049-57. 2013..Aspirin is associated with a reduced risk of developing colorectal cancer. This study examined whether patients with colorectal cancer prescribed aspirin had improved survival...
- An observational study of psychotropic drug use and initiation in older patients resident in their own home or in careColin McCowan
Division of Population Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
Age Ageing 42:51-6. 2013..to compare the prescription of psychotropic medications for patients living in care homes with that for patients living at home. Design and setting: retrospective population database study in the Tayside region of Scotland...
- A cluster randomised stepped wedge trial to evaluate the effectiveness of a multifaceted information technology-based intervention in reducing high-risk prescribing of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and antiplatelets in primary medical care: the DQTobias Dreischulte
Tayside Medicines Unit, NHS Tayside, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
Implement Sci 7:24. 2012....
- Quality and safety of medication use in primary care: consensus validation of a new set of explicit medication assessment criteria and prioritisation of topics for improvementTobias Dreischulte
Tayside Medicines Unit, NHS Tayside, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, Scotland, DD2 4BF, UK
BMC Clin Pharmacol 12:5. 2012....
- Lessons from a randomized controlled trial designed to evaluate computer decision support software to improve the management of asthmaC McCowan
University of Dundee, Tayside Centre for General Practice, UK
Med Inform Internet Med 26:191-201. 2001..To investigate whether computer decision support software used in the management of patients with asthma improves clinical outcomes...
- Cohort study of adherence to adjuvant endocrine therapy, breast cancer recurrence and mortalityB Makubate
Division of Population Health Sciences, Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
Br J Cancer 108:1515-24. 2013..Adjuvant endocrine therapy is recommended for women with oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancer, but many women do not take the medication as directed and they stop treatment before completing the standard 5-year duration...
- Cross-sectional observations on the natural history of asthmaR G Neville
Tayside Centre for General Practice, University of Dundee, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4AD
Br J Gen Pract 51:361-5. 2001..Asthma is a major health care problem that affects all ages. It is uncertain whether asthma is a single clinical entity or a grouping of separate clinical syndromes that share a common set of treatment guidelines...
- The effect of aerobic exercise on treatment-related acute toxicity in men receiving radical external beam radiotherapy for localised prostate cancerG Kapur
Tayside Cancer Centre, Ninewells Hospital, and Health Informatics Centre, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 19:643-7. 2010..Keeping active and being asked to adhere to a well-defined exercise schedule appears to reduce the severity of rectal toxicity during radiotherapy to the prostate...
- Factors associated with mortality in Scottish patients receiving methadone in primary care: retrospective cohort studyC McCowan
Division of Community Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD2 4BF
BMJ 338:b2225. 2009..To assess predictors of mortality in a population of people prescribed methadone...
- Cohort study examining tamoxifen adherence and its relationship to mortality in women with breast cancerC McCowan
Division of Community Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
Br J Cancer 99:1763-8. 2008..A significant proportion of women have low adherence to tamoxifen and are at increased risk of death...
- Prevalence and outcomes of use of potentially inappropriate medicines in older people: cohort study stratified by residence in nursing home or in the communityK Barnett
Division of Clinical and Population Sciences and Education, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
BMJ Qual Saf 20:275-81. 2011....
- Evaluation of a fatigue initiative: information on exercise for patients receiving cancer treatmentP M Windsor
Department of Clinical Oncology, Tayside Cancer Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland DD1 9SY, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 21:473-82. 2009....
- Diagnosis of left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVSD): development and validation of a clinical prediction rule in primary careT Fahey
Division of Community Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
Fam Pract 24:628-35. 2007..Diagnosing suspected left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVSD) in the community is a challenge for GPs. We developed and validated a clinical prediction rule (CPR) for LVSD based on history, examination and electrocardiogram (ECG)...