Affiliation: University of Wales
- Motivation, self-determination, and long-term weight controlPedro J Teixeira
Faculty of Human Kinetics, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:22. 2012....
- Body image change and improved eating self-regulation in a weight management intervention in womenEliana V Carraça
Faculty of Human Kinetics, Technical University of Lisbon, Estrada da Costa, 1495 688 Cruz Quebrada, Portugal
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:75. 2011..This study examined one potential mechanism by testing a model in which improved body image mediated the effects of obesity treatment on eating self-regulation. Further, this study explored the role of different body image components...
- Reciprocal effects among changes in weight, body image, and other psychological factors during behavioral obesity treatment: a mediation analysisAntónio L Palmeira
Faculty of Human Kinetics, Technical University of Lisbon, Estrada da Costa, 1495 688, Cruz Quebrada, Portugal
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:9. 2009..abstract:..
- A randomized controlled trial to evaluate self-determination theory for exercise adherence and weight control: rationale and intervention descriptionMarlene N Silva
Department of Exercise and Health, Faculty of Human Kinetics, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
BMC Public Health 8:234. 2008....
- The Sociocultural Attitudes Towards Appearance Questionnaire-3: a confirmatory factor analysisDavid Markland
School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences, Bangor University, George Building, Holyhead Road, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2PZ, UK
Body Image 5:116-21. 2008..It was concluded that, with the removal of the mis-specified item, the degree of misfit was tolerable and the intended four-factor solution provides a satisfactory and parsimonious representation of the data...
- Work-related goal perceptions and affective well-beingDavid K Ingledew
School of Psychology, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
J Health Psychol 10:101-22. 2005..The determinants of value (e.g. personal origin) were different from those of success expectation (e.g. personal control). Through astute goal setting, it is possible to promote well-being without compromising commitment...
- Interpretation of self-talk and post-lecture affective states of higher education students: a self-determination theory perspectiveEmily J Oliver
Bangor University, Gwynedd, UK
Br J Educ Psychol 80:307-23. 2010..Self-talk represents an intra-personal event that could be interpreted as informational or controlling and may attenuate or exacerbate the negative effects of a stressful experience...
- Motives and sun-related behaviourDavid K Ingledew
Bangor University, Bangor, LL57 2AS, UK
J Health Psychol 15:8-20. 2010..Protection was positively influenced by health preservation motive. Participatory motives mediated the effects of life goals on behaviour. It is suggested that motives provide the basis upon which health promotion programmes can build...