Carylyn J Marek
Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Low affinity glucocorticoid binding site ligands as potential anti-fibrogenicsCarylyn J Marek
Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Comp Hepatol 8:1. 2009..The data also demonstrate that the anti-fibrogenic effects of PCN in vivo are likely mediated entirely via the PXR...
- Pregnane X receptor activators inhibit human hepatic stellate cell transdifferentiation in vitroEmma L Haughton
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland
Gastroenterology 131:194-209. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of human pregnane X receptor activators on human hepatic stellate cell transdifferentiation to a profibrogenic phenotype in vitro...
- Expression of CYP2S1 in human hepatic stellate cellsCarylyn J Marek
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Science, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
FEBS Lett 581:781-6. 2007..The presence of a CYP2A-related protein and testosterone metabolism in stellate cell cultures suggest that stellate cells express specific functional isoforms of CYP of which a major form is CYP2S1...
- Pregnenolone-16alpha-carbonitrile inhibits rodent liver fibrogenesis via PXR (pregnane X receptor)-dependent and PXR-independent mechanismsCarylyn J Marek
School of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 387:601-8. 2005..These data suggest that the PXR is antifibrogenic in rodents in vivo and that a PXR-independent target for PXR activators exists in hepatic stellate cells that also functions to inhibit fibrosis...
- Mechanism of action of the antifibrogenic compound gliotoxin in rat liver cellsJames G Orr
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Hepatology 40:232-42. 2004..Further understanding of this mechanism of cell death will aid in finding therapeutics that specifically stimulate HSC apoptosis in the liver, a promising approach to antifibrotic therapy...