William P L Mandy
Affiliation: University College London
- Oppositionality and socioemotional competence: interacting risk factors in the development of childhood conduct disorder symptomsWilliam Mandy
Department of Clinical, Education and Health Psychology, University College London, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 52:718-27. 2013....
- Sex differences in autism spectrum disorder: evidence from a large sample of children and adolescentsWilliam Mandy
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1N 6BT, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1304-13. 2012..The female phenotype we describe was stable across our sample's age range. Their milder RSBs and less severe difficulties at school may lead to under-recognition of ASD in females...
- Research review: What is the association between the social-communication element of autism and repetitive interests, behaviours and activities?William P L Mandy
Sub Department of Clinical Health Psychology, University College London, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:795-808. 2008..Some clinical and research implications are discussed...
- Toward specifying pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specifiedWilliam Mandy
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1N 6BT, United Kingdom
Autism Res 4:121-31. 2011..The current draft guidelines for DSM-V, which mandate the presence of RSBs for any PDD diagnosis, would exclude such people from the autistic spectrum...
- Testing the construct validity of proposed criteria for DSM-5 autism spectrum disorderWilliam P L Mandy
Research Department of Clinical, Health and Educational Psychology, University College London, London, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:41-50. 2012..To use confirmatory factor analysis to test the construct validity of the proposed DSM-5 symptom model of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), in comparison to alternative models, including that described in DSM-IV-TR...
- Measuring autistic traits: heritability, reliability and validity of the Social and Communication Disorders ChecklistDavid H Skuse
Behavioural and Brain Sciences Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Br J Psychiatry 187:568-72. 2005..Whole-population surveys of unselected samples of children are hampered by the lack of appropriate screening instruments...
- High-functioning autism and Asperger's disorder: utility and meaning for familiesLuisa Ruiz Calzada
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, Gower Street, London, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 42:230-43. 2012..Improvement of post-diagnostic services will improve the utility of AD and AsD...