Joanne E Mallinson
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Pharmacological activation of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex reduces statin-mediated upregulation of FOXO gene targets and protects against statin myopathy in rodentsJoanne E Mallinson
MRC Arthritis Research UK Centre for Musculoskeletal Ageing Research, School of Biomedical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
J Physiol 590:6389-402. 2012..PDC activation abolished statin myopathy in rodent skeletal muscle, which occurred at least in part via inhibition of FOXO-mediated transcription of genes regulating muscle CHO utilisation and protein breakdown...
- Blunted Akt/FOXO signalling and activation of genes controlling atrophy and fuel use in statin myopathyJoanne E Mallinson
Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
J Physiol 587:219-30. 2009..These changes occurred in the main before evidence of extensive myopathy or a decline in the muscle protein to DNA ratio...
- Obesity Appears to Be Associated With Altered Muscle Protein Synthetic and Breakdown Responses to Increased Nutrient Delivery in Older Men, but Not Reduced Muscle Mass or Contractile FunctionAndrew J Murton
MRC Arthritis Research UK Centre for Musculoskeletal Ageing Research, School of Life Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, U K
Diabetes 64:3160-71. 2015..This does not, however, appear to be associated with lower leg lean mass or strength. ..
- Statin myalgia is not associated with reduced muscle strength, mass or protein turnover in older male volunteers, but is allied with a slowing of time to peak power output, insulin resistance and differential muscle mRNA expressionJoanne E Mallinson
MRC Arthritis Research UK Centre for Musculoskeletal Ageing Research, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
J Physiol 593:1239-57. 2015....
- Fetal exposure to a maternal low-protein diet during mid-gestation results in muscle-specific effects on fibre type composition in young ratsJoanne E Mallinson
Division of Nutritional Sciences, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington, Loughborough, LE12 5RD, UK
Br J Nutr 98:292-9. 2007..In conclusion, a maternal low-protein diet mainly during mid-pregnancy reduced muscle fibre number and density in 4-week-old rats, but there were muscle-specific differences in the fibre types affected...