RAYAZ AHMED MALIK
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Diabetic gastroparesis: Therapeutic optionsUazman Alam
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Manchester, Core Technology Facility 3rd floor, Grafton Street, Manchester, M13 9NT, UK
Diabetes Ther 1:32-43. 2010..The aim of this review is to provide an update on prokinetic and mechanical therapies in the treatment of DG...
- Corneal nerve loss detected with corneal confocal microscopy is symmetrical and related to the severity of diabetic polyneuropathyIoannis N Petropoulos
Corresponding author Rayaz A Malik
Diabetes Care 36:3646-51. 2013..To establish if corneal nerve loss, detected using in vivo corneal confocal microscopy (IVCCM), is symmetrical between right and left eyes and relates to the severity of diabetic neuropathy...
- Obesity, diabetes and atrial fibrillation; epidemiology, mechanisms and interventionsO Asghar
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, The University of Manchester, UK
Curr Cardiol Rev 8:253-64. 2012..In this review, we discuss the pathophysiological and mechanistic relationships between obesity, diabetes and AF, and the challenges posed in the management of this high-risk group of individuals...
- Elevated plasma CD105 and vitreous VEGF levels in diabetic retinopathyR A Malik
Department of Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Mol Med 9:692-7. 2005..Further studies are required to determine whether circulating CD105 levels could serve as a surrogate marker for early stage retinopathy and for monitoring disease progression...
- Alstrom syndrome (OMIM 203800): a case report and literature reviewTisha Joy
Department of Vascular Biology and Medicine, Robarts Research Institute and Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 2:49. 2007..Mutations in the ALMS1 gene have been found to be causative for AS with a total of 79 disease-causing mutations having been described...