RAYAZ AHMED MALIK
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Pathology of human diabetic neuropathyR A Malik
Centre for Endocrinology and Diabetes, Institute of Human Development, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, Doha, Qatar Electronic address
Handb Clin Neurol 126:249-59. 2014..Studies of muscle biopsies are limited and show significant alterations in the expression of neurotrophins, but limited changes in muscle fiber size and capillary density. ..
- Diabetic gastroparesis: Therapeutic optionsUazman Alam
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Manchester, Core Technology Facility 3rd floor, Grafton Street, Manchester, M13 9NT, UK
Diabetes Ther 1:32-43. 2010..The aim of this review is to provide an update on prokinetic and mechanical therapies in the treatment of DG...
- Corneal nerve loss detected with corneal confocal microscopy is symmetrical and related to the severity of diabetic polyneuropathyIoannis N Petropoulos
Corresponding author Rayaz A Malik
Diabetes Care 36:3646-51. 2013..To establish if corneal nerve loss, detected using in vivo corneal confocal microscopy (IVCCM), is symmetrical between right and left eyes and relates to the severity of diabetic neuropathy...
- Obesity, diabetes and atrial fibrillation; epidemiology, mechanisms and interventionsO Asghar
Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, The University of Manchester, UK
Curr Cardiol Rev 8:253-64. 2012..In this review, we discuss the pathophysiological and mechanistic relationships between obesity, diabetes and AF, and the challenges posed in the management of this high-risk group of individuals...
- Elevated plasma CD105 and vitreous VEGF levels in diabetic retinopathyR A Malik
Department of Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Mol Med 9:692-7. 2005..Further studies are required to determine whether circulating CD105 levels could serve as a surrogate marker for early stage retinopathy and for monitoring disease progression...
- Alstrom syndrome (OMIM 203800): a case report and literature reviewTisha Joy
Department of Vascular Biology and Medicine, Robarts Research Institute and Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 2:49. 2007..Mutations in the ALMS1 gene have been found to be causative for AS with a total of 79 disease-causing mutations having been described...