Ali W Majeed
Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- The molecular physiology of liver regeneration following partial hepatectomyDavid Mangnall
University Department of Surgical and Anaesthetic Sciences, K Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road S10 2JF, UK
Liver Int 23:124-38. 2003..This review aims to summarise the more recent literature concerning the early molecular events accompanying liver regeneration and to integrate this with the existing knowledge of this subject...
- A proposal for the annotation of recurrent colorectal cancer: the 'Sheffield classification'A W Majeed
Liver Research Group, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Colorectal Dis 13:1273-9. 2011..The aim of this paper was to devise a classification system which accurately describes the site and extent of metastatic spread...
- Resource and manpower calculations for the provision of hepatobiliary surgical services in the UKAli W Majeed
University Surgical Unit, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, NHS Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 86:91-5. 2004..The provision of specialist non-transplant hepatobiliary services in the UK is fragmented and there is little consensus on the manpower and resource requirements to meet the needs of defined populations...
- Biology of colorectal liver metastases: A reviewNigel C Bird
Liver Research Group, Clinical Sciences South, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Surg Oncol 94:68-80. 2006..Recent evidence suggests that liver metastases are phenotypically different to the primary from which they were derived and thus represent a separate disease entity...
- Prediction of malignant potential in reflux disease: are cytokine polymorphisms important?Martin D Gough
Academic Surgical Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1012-8. 2005..However, clinical methods only identify one patient in 15 with Barrett's esophagus. The aim of this study was to find factors that may help identify patients with Barrett's earlier...
- Role of Kupffer cells in the outgrowth of colorectal cancer liver metastasesKonstantinos A Paschos
Liver Research Group, Section of Oncology, School of Medicine, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Hepatol Res 40:83-94. 2010..Future trials may investigate their use in everyday clinical practice and compare their therapeutic value with current treatment of the disease...