Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Treating heifers with GnRH from 4 to 8 weeks of age advanced growth and the age at pubertyS Madgwick
School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Theriogenology 63:2323-33. 2005..In conclusion, we suggest that the timing of the early rise in LH concentrations is a critical signal involved in the timing of puberty in heifers...
- Mouse Emi2 is required to enter meiosis II by reestablishing cyclin B1 during interkinesisSuzanne Madgwick
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle, Newcastle NE2 4HH, England, UK
J Cell Biol 174:791-801. 2006....
- Effects of treatment with GnRH from 4 to 8 weeks of age on the attainment of sexual maturity in bull calvesS Madgwick
Department of Agriculture, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Anim Reprod Sci 104:177-88. 2008..This may provide the basis for a simple regimen to hasten sexual development in the bull calf...
- Prometaphase APCcdh1 activity prevents non-disjunction in mammalian oocytesAlexandra Reis
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle, Newcastle NE2 4HH, UK
Nat Cell Biol 9:1192-8. 2007..These findings demonstrate a fundamentally different mechanism of control for the first meiotic division in mammalian oocytes that is not observed in meioses of other species...
- Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II, and not protein kinase C, is sufficient for triggering cell-cycle resumption in mammalian eggsSuzanne Madgwick
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NE2 4HH, UK
J Cell Sci 118:3849-59. 2005..These data, combined with the knowledge that CamKII activity increase at fertilization, suggest that mouse eggs undergo cell-cycle resumption through stimulation of CamKII...
- Maintenance of sister chromatid attachment in mouse eggs through maturation-promoting factor activitySuzanne Madgwick
Cell and Developmental Physiology Research Group, Institute of Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle, NE2 4HH, UK
Dev Biol 275:68-81. 2004..We present a model in which metaphase II arrest is maintained primarily by MPF levels only...
- Essential CDK1-inhibitory role for separase during meiosis I in vertebrate oocytesIngo H Gorr
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 8:1035-7. 2006..Importantly, proper meiotic maturation is rescued by chemical inhibition of Cdk1 or expression of Cdk1-binding separase fragments lacking cohesin-cleaving activity...
- Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II triggers mouse egg activation and embryo development in the absence of Ca2+ oscillationsJason G Knott
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 296:388-95. 2006..These results strongly suggest that CaMKII is a major integrator of the Ca(2+) changes that occur following fertilization...