Thomas J MacGillivray
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- A reliability study of fractal analysis of the skeletonised vascular network using the "box-counting" techniqueT J Macgillivray
Clinical Res Facility, Western General Hosp, Edinburgh Univ, UK
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:4445-8. 2006..4%). Between a single observer and the computerized approach the mean difference is 0.012 (0.8%) and the coefficient is +/- 0.038 (2.6%). The computerized approach demonstrated a superior reliability compared to manual segmentation...
- Retinal changes in visceral leishmaniasis by retinal photographyRichard James Maude
Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
BMC Infect Dis 14:527. 2014..A prospective observational study was undertaken in Mymensingh, Bangladesh aiming to describe in detail visible changes in the retina in unselected patients with VL...
- Role of multidetector computed tomography in the diagnosis and management of patients attending the rapid access chest pain clinic, The Scottish computed tomography of the heart (SCOT-HEART) trial: study protocol for randomized controlled trialDavid E Newby
University of Edinburgh BHF Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Chancellor s Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 SU4, UK
Trials 13:184. 2012..However, this technology has not been robustly evaluated in its application to the clinic...
- The resolution integral: visual and computational approaches to characterizing ultrasound imagesT J Macgillivray
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Phys Med Biol 55:5067-88. 2010..The computational approach functions well compared to visual assessment and adds to the overall robustness of resolution integral measurements by providing an objective assessment algorithm...
- 3D freehand ultrasound for in vivo determination of human skeletal muscle volumeThomas J MacGillivray
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:928-35. 2009..We have shown for the first time that 3D freehand ultrasound can be used to determine human skeletal muscle volume accurately in vivo...
- Fractal analysis of the retinal vascular network in fundus imagesT J Macgillivray
Western General Hospital, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:6456-9. 2007..However, statistical analysis showed that to detect a significant difference at the level seen in the data would require a larger sample size of 88 per group...
- In vivo mononuclear cell tracking using superparamagnetic particles of iron oxide: feasibility and safety in humansJennifer M J Richards
Centre of Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 5:509-17. 2012....
- Retinal arteriolar geometry is associated with cerebral white matter hyperintensities on magnetic resonance imagingFergus N Doubal
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Stroke 5:434-9. 2010..Retinal vessels show developmental and pathophysiological similarities to cerebral small vessels and microvessel geometry may influence vascular efficiency...
- Differences in retinal vessels support a distinct vasculopathy causing lacunar strokeF N Doubal
Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Neurology 72:1773-8. 2009..We compared retinal microvessel appearance as a surrogate for cerebral small vessels in patients with lacunar and large artery cortical ischemic stroke...
- Fractal analysis of retinal vessels suggests that a distinct vasculopathy causes lacunar strokeF N Doubal
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Neurology 74:1102-7. 2010..Altered retinal vessel fractal dimensions may act as a surrogate marker for diseased cerebral vessels. We used a cross-sectional study to investigate fractal properties of retinal vessels in lacunar stroke...
- Cognitive correlates of cerebral white matter lesions and water diffusion tensor parameters in community-dwelling older peopleS D Shenkin
Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Edinburgh, UK
Cerebrovasc Dis 20:310-8. 2005..Here the relationships between WML load, DT-MRI parameters and cognition in a large cohort of elderly subjects with a very narrow age range were investigated...
- Magnetic resonance imaging with k-means clustering objectively measures whole muscle volume compartments in sarcopenia/cancer cachexiaCalum Gray
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Clin Nutr 30:106-11. 2011....
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm growth predicted by uptake of ultrasmall superparamagnetic particles of iron oxide: a pilot studyJennifer M J Richards
Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:274-81. 2011..Using MRI, we aimed to assess whether areas of cellular inflammation correlated with the rate of abdominal aortic aneurysm expansion...