Affiliation: University of Strathclyde
- Cross sectional study of young people's awareness of and involvement with tobacco marketingL MacFadyen
Centre for Tobacco Control Research, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 0RQ, UK
BMJ 322:513-7. 2001..To examine young people's awareness of and involvement with tobacco marketing and to determine the association, if any, between this and their smoking behaviour...
- Community pharmacists' experience of over-the-counter medicine misuse in ScotlandL MacFadyen
Centre for Social Marketing, University of Strathclyde, 173 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G4 0RQ, Scotland
J R Soc Promot Health 121:185-92. 2001..Pharmacists expressed a need for support in managing OTC misuse and in organising 'early warning systems' to share information locally...
- 'They look like my kind of people'--perceptions of smoking images in youth magazinesLynn Macfadyen
Centre for Tobacco Control Research, University of Strathclyde, 173 Cathedral Street, G4 ORQ, Glasgow, UK
Soc Sci Med 56:491-9. 2003....
- Controversies in tobacco control: the limitations of fear messagesG Hastings
The Centre for Tobacco Control Research, The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Tob Control 11:73-5. 2002
- Strategic marketing in the UK tobacco industrySusan Anderson
Cancer Research UK Centre for Tobacco Control Research, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Lancet Oncol 3:481-6. 2002..We review published evidence, internal-advertising-agency documents, and observational data about tobacco promotion, and discuss the use of targeted marketing strategies in the UK...
- Targeting smokers via tobacco product labelling: opportunities and challenges for Pan European health promotionElinor Devlin
Cancer Research UK Centre for Tobacco Control Research, University of Stirling, Department of Marketing, Stirling, FK9 4LA, UK
Health Promot Int 20:41-9. 2005..Implications for future labelling practices within Europe are discussed...