Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Socioeconomic variation in colon cancer tumour factors associated with poorer prognosisG Lyratzopoulos
Evidence for Population Health Unit, University of Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 89:828-30. 2003..Tumour factors therefore appear unlikely to account for socioeconomic gradients in survival...
- Inhalation sedation with nitrous oxide as an alternative to dental general anaesthesia for childrenG Lyratzopoulos
Evidence for Population Health Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Public Health Med 25:303-12. 2003..In teaching dental hospitals, staffing costs for IHS are estimated to be cheaper by about a third compared with outpatient DGA. Indications for further areas of research are made...
- Assessing the impact of heart failure specialist services on patient populationsGeorgios Lyratzopoulos
School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, The University of Manchester, M13 9PT, United Kingdom
BMC Health Serv Res 4:10. 2004..We examined the potential impact on readmissions and mortality of specialist heart failure services capable of delivering treatments such as b-blockers and Nurse-Led Educational Intervention (N-LEI)...
- Restrictions impeding web-based courses: a survey of publishers' variation in authorising access to high quality on-line literatureMichele Langlois
Evidence for Population Health Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, The Medical School, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, United Kingdom
BMC Med Educ 4:7. 2004..Publishers' responses to requests to access health literature in the context of developing an electronic Master's degree course are described...
- Communicating risks at the population level: application of population impact numbersRichard F Heller
Evidence for Population Health Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, Medical School, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT
BMJ 327:1162-5. 2003
- Deprivation status and mid-term change in blood pressure, total cholesterol and smoking status in middle life: a cohort studyGeorgios Lyratzopoulos
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University Forvie Site, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:844-50. 2007..We examined whether deprivation status influences within-individual change over time in blood pressure (BP), cholesterol and smoking status during middle life...
- The association between the quality of epilepsy management in primary care, general practice population deprivation status and epilepsy-related emergency hospitalisationsCelia Shohet
East of England Strategic Health Authority, United Kingdom
Seizure 16:351-5. 2007....
- Association of study type, sample size, and follow-up length with type of recommendation produced by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence Interventional Procedures ProgrammeWilliam Bruce Campbell
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 71 High Holborn, London, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 23:101-7. 2007..The association between type and amount of clinical evidence and type of National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence recommendations for interventional procedures was examined...
- Inappropriate lack of stratification by elective or emergency operation status and missing information on important confoundersGeorgios Lyratzopoulos
J Public Health (Oxf) 28:396-7; author reply 397. 2006
- Cost-effectiveness of primary offer of IVF vs. primary offer of IUI followed by IVF (for IUI failures) in couples with unexplained or mild male factor subfertilityNora Pashayan
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 6:80. 2006....
- Comparative levels and time trends in blood pressure, total cholesterol, body mass index and smoking among Caucasian and South-Asian participants of a UK primary-care based cardiovascular risk factor screening programmeGeorgios Lyratzopoulos
Directorate of Public Health and Clinical Services, Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Strategic Health Authority, Cambridge, UK
BMC Public Health 5:125. 2005..We therefore studied comparative levels and time trends in blood pressure (BP), total cholesterol, body mass index (BMI) and current smoking among UK Caucasian and South-Asian individuals...
- Mid-term Body Mass Index increase among obese and non-obese individuals in middle life and deprivation status: a cohort studyGeorgios Lyratzopoulos
Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Strategic Health Authority, Fulbourn, UK
BMC Public Health 5:32. 2005....
- Cardiovascular disease registers and recording of behavioural risk factors: why untapped opportunities continueRoger A Harrison
Bolton Primary Care Trust, Bolton, UK
Public Health Nutr 8:7-9. 2005
- Registers needed for new interventional proceduresGeorgios Lyratzopoulos
Interventional Procedures Programme, National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, London WC1V 6NA, UK
Lancet 371:1734-6. 2008