Victoria S Lucas
Affiliation: University College London
- Composition of the oral streptococcal flora in healthy childrenV S Lucas
Department of Oral Medicine, Eastman Dental Institute, University of London, UK
J Dent 28:45-50. 2000..To identify the predominant streptococcal species in the mouths of healthy children and to investigate the composition of the oral streptococcal flora over a period of 4 months...
- Oro-dental health in children with chronic renal failure and after renal transplantation: a clinical reviewVictoria S Lucas
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, Division of Microbial Diseases, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8LD, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 20:1388-94. 2005..Thus, only oro-dental problems that are mainly encountered and treated by dental surgeons are reviewed...
- Comparison of lysis filtration and an automated blood culture system (BACTEC) for detection, quantification, and identification of odontogenic bacteremia in childrenVictoria S Lucas
Department of Oral Medicine, The Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Healthcare Sciences, University College London, London WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 40:3416-20. 2002..4729), and the difference was not statistically significant. In summary, BACTEC is quicker than LyF, but less sensitive. LyF provides additional important information in estimating the intensity of bacteremia...
- Dental health indices and caries associated microflora in children with unilateral cleft lip and palateV S Lucas
Department of Oral Medicine, Eastman Dental Institute, University of London, England
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 37:447-52. 2000..To investigate the dental health and caries related microflora of children with unilateral cleft lip and palate...
- Oral health in children with chronic renal failureAbeer Al-Nowaiser
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, London, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 18:39-45. 2003..002). An integrated dental service needs to be developed with emphasis on tooth brushing to prevent gingival hyperplasia and periodontal disease after puberty...
- The relationship between odontogenic bacteraemia and orthodontic treatment proceduresVictoria S Lucas
Department of Oral Medicine, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University of London, UK
Eur J Orthod 24:293-301. 2002..2, SD 9.1), compared with baseline (0.9, SD 0.2; P < 0.02). This investigation demonstrates that the only orthodontic treatment procedure that causes a significant bacteraemia is the placement of a separator...
- Bacteraemia following debanding and gold chain adjustmentVictoria S Lucas
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, UK
Eur J Orthod 29:161-5. 2007..Although the number of subjects undergoing gold chain adjustment was small, the findings demonstrate that neither upper debanding nor gold chain adjustment is associated with a significant bacteraemia...
- Statistical analyses of complex denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis profilesGavin P Gafan
Division of Microbial Diseases, Eastman Dental Institute, UCL, 256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 43:3971-8. 2005..Furthermore, we have demonstrated that logistic regression is a good statistical method for analyzing and characterizing DGGE profiles...
- Oral health of children with juvenile idiopathic arthritisNabila Ahmed
Department of Rheumatology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, United Kingdom
J Rheumatol 31:1639-43. 2004..02) and symptoms (p = 0.0001, p = 0.0001) compared with controls. CONCLUSION: The low caries rate was attributed to the fact that children with JIA had received preventive dental care from an early age combined with sugar free medication...
- Prevalence of periodontal pathogens in dental plaque of childrenGavin P Gafan
Division of Microbial Diseases, Eastman Dental Institute, UCL, 256 Gray's Inn Rd, London WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 42:4141-6. 2004..forsythensis is associated with dental plaque at sites with no gingivitis...
- Dental and skeletal growth in early fossil homininsM Christopher Dean
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London, UK
Ann Hum Biol 36:545-61. 2009....
- Dental age assessment (DAA): a study of a Caucasian population at the 13 year thresholdPriya N Chudasama
Cameron Centre for Forensic Medical Sciences, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
J Forensic Leg Med 19:22-8. 2012..The purpose of this study was to develop a Reference Data Set for Dental Age Assessment at the 13 year old threshold in Caucasian children...
- Dental age assessment (DAA): reference data for British children at the 10-year-old thresholdMonica Yadava
Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Int J Legal Med 125:651-7. 2011..DAA using meta-analysis provides a simple method of estimating the age of subjects of unknown birth date at the 10-year threshold. This is, presently, the most accurate method of age assessment for individuals of unknown date of birth...
- Prevalence, intensity and nature of bacteraemia after toothbrushingVictoria S Lucas
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Kings College London, Dental Institute, Bessemer Road, London SE5 9RS, UK
J Dent 36:481-7. 2008..To estimate the prevalence, intensity and microbial identity of bacteraemia associated with toothbrushing...