Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Why are patients in clinical trials of heart failure not like those we see in everyday practice?Ffion Lloyd-Williams
Department of Primary Care, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, 2nd Floor, Quadrangle Borwnlow Hill, L69 3DG, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 56:1157-62. 2003..This article examines recruitment difficulties, and identifies the main reasons why patients with heart failure declined to participate in a research trial...
- Smorgasbord or symphony? Assessing public health nutrition policies across 30 European countries using a novel frameworkFfion Lloyd-Williams
Department of Public Health and Policy, Institute of Psychology, Health and SocietyUniversity of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, L69 3GB Liverpool, Merseyside, UK
BMC Public Health 14:1195. 2014..We aimed to map existing public health nutrition policies, and examine their perceived effectiveness, in order to inform future evidence-based diet strategies...
- Small changes in snacking behaviour: the potential impact on CVD mortalityFfion Lloyd-Williams
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building Quadrangle, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Public Health Nutr 12:871-6. 2009..To examine the potential public health impact on CHD and stroke mortality of replacing one 'unhealthy' snack with one 'healthy' snack per person, per day, across the UK population...
- Estimating the cardiovascular mortality burden attributable to the European Common Agricultural Policy on dietary saturated fatsFfion Lloyd-Williams
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
Bull World Health Organ 86:535-541A. 2008..To estimate the burden of cardiovascular disease within 15 European Union countries (before the 2004 enlargement) as a result of excess dietary saturated fats attributable to the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)...
- Young children's food in Liverpool day-care settings: a qualitative study of pre-school nutrition policy and practiceFfion Lloyd-Williams
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Public Health Nutr 14:1858-66. 2011..To explore nutrition and food provision in pre-school nurseries in order to develop interventions to promote healthy eating in early years settings, especially across deprived communities...
- The effect of an intervention programme to improve health education leaflet uptake and distribution in community pharmaciesFfion Lloyd-Williams
Department of Primary Care, The University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool, UK
Patient Educ Couns 49:27-33. 2003..The community pharmacists considered the intervention to be feasible, effective and enabled the utilisation of their skills...
- Prioritising public health: a qualitative study of decision making to reduce health inequalitiesLois C Orton
University of Liverpool, Public Health and Policy, Psychology, Health and Society, 2nd Floor Block B Waterhouse Buildings, Liverpool L69 3GL, UK
BMC Public Health 11:821. 2011....
- Potential cardiovascular mortality reductions with stricter food policies in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern IrelandMartin O Flaherty
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, Liverpool, L69 3GB, England
Bull World Health Organ 90:522-31. 2012..To estimate how much more cardiovascular disease (CVD) mortality could be reduced in the United Kingdom through more progressive nutritional targets...
- Patients' and nurses' views of nurse-led heart failure clinics in general practice: a qualitative studyFfion Lloyd-Williams
Department of Primary Care, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building 2nd Floor, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Chronic Illn 1:39-47. 2005..To ascertain nurses' and patients' views and experiences of a nurse-led heart failure clinic provided in general practice...
- Barriers to partnership working in public health: a qualitative studyDavid Carlton Taylor-Robinson
Department of Public Health and Policy, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e29536. 2012..We therefore explored the process of partnership working in public health, in order to better understand the potential opportunities and threats associated with the proposed changes...
- The use of research evidence in public health decision making processes: systematic reviewLois Orton
Public Health and Policy, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e21704. 2011..The objectives of this systematic review were to synthesise empirical evidence on the use of research evidence by public health decision makers in settings with universal health care systems...
- Policy-makers' attitudes to decision support models for coronary heart disease: a qualitative studyDavid Taylor-Robinson
Division of Public Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Health Serv Res Policy 13:209-14. 2008..To explore attitudes to the use of models for coronary heart disease to support decision-making for policy and service planning...
- Exploring health inequalities through the lens of an ethnographic study of healthy eating provision in the early years sectorKatie Bristow
Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK National Heart Forum, London, UK
Matern Child Nutr 9:260-73. 2013....
- Planning ahead in public health? A qualitative study of the time horizons used in public health decision-makingDavid C Taylor-Robinson
Division of Public Health, The Whelan Building, Liverpool, UK
BMC Public Health 8:415. 2008..In order to better understand factors that influence decisions for public health, we undertook a qualitative study to explore issues relating to the time horizons used in decision-making...
- Healthy eating in early years settings: a review of current national to local guidance for North West EnglandKatie Bristow
Department of Health Inequalities, Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Public Health Nutr 14:1008-16. 2011..To determine the extent to which national and local UK guidelines for the early years sector address key recommendations for encouraging healthy eating based on best available evidence...
- Evaluation of suspected left ventricular systolic dysfunctionFrances S Mair
Dept of Primary Care, University of Liverpool, The Whelan Bldg, Quadrangle, Brownlow Hill, Loverpool L69 3GB, United Kingdom
J Fam Pract 51:466-71. 2002
- What do we know about socioeconomic status and congestive heart failure? A review of the literatureAlistair S Blair
Mersey Primary Care Research Development Consortium, Department of Primary Care, University of Liverpool, England L69 3GB
J Fam Pract 51:169. 2002..To examine and assess the available literature concerning the effects of socioeconomic status (SES) and congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Exercise training and heart failure: a systematic review of current evidenceFfion Lloyd-Williams
Department of Primary Care, School of Health Sciences, University of Liverpool
Br J Gen Pract 52:47-55. 2002..Further investigation of the utility and applicability of exercise training is essential...
- Delivering a cardiovascular disease prevention programme in the United Kingdom: translating theory into practiceFfion Lloyd-Williams
Eur J Public Health 18:357-9. 2008