Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Hypophonia in Parkinson's disease: neural correlates of voice treatment revealed by PETM Liotti
Research Imaging Center, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX, USA
Neurology 60:432-40. 2003..To investigate the neural correlates of hypophonia in individuals with idiopathic PD (IPD) before and after voice treatment with the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment method (VT) using (15)O-H(2)O PET...
- Electrophysiological effects of stimulant treatment on inhibitory control in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderSteven R Pliszka
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:356-66. 2007..To examine the electrophysiological effects of methylphenidate (MPH) on inhibitory control in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Unmasking disease-specific cerebral blood flow abnormalities: mood challenge in patients with remitted unipolar depressionMario Liotti
Division of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nottingham, A Floor, South Block, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Am J Psychiatry 159:1830-40. 2002....
- Neuroimaging evidence implicating cerebellum in the experience of hypercapnia and hunger for airL M Parsons
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2041-6. 2001....
- Brain responses associated with consciousness of breathlessness (air hunger)M Liotti
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2035-40. 2001..M. (1992) Bright Air, Brilliant Fire (Penguin, London)]...
- Reciprocal limbic-cortical function and negative mood: converging PET findings in depression and normal sadnessH S Mayberg
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:675-82. 1999..Expanding on this theory, this study examined functional interactions between specific limbic and neocortical regions accompanying normal and disease-associated shifts in negative mood state...
- Xenon effects on regional cerebral blood flow assessed by 15O-H2O positron emission tomography: implications for hyperpolarized xenon MRIM Liotti
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 78284 6240, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 7:761-4. 1997..No such decreases were found in other sensory or motor regions...
- Temporal dissociation of parallel processing in the human subcortical outputsY Liu
Research Imaging Center, Department of Physiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284, USA
Nature 400:364-7. 1999..This further supports the idea of task-related dynamic reconfiguration of large-scale neural networks...
- Automated Talairach atlas labels for functional brain mappingJ L Lancaster
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 10:120-31. 2000..Additional suggested applications of the TD system include interactive labeling, anatomical grouping of activation foci, lesion-deficit analysis, and neuroanatomy education...
- Prefrontal cortex function in remitted major depressive disorderN L Nixon
Division of Psychiatry, The Institute of Mental Health, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Psychol Med 43:1219-30. 2013....
- An ERP study of the temporal course of the Stroop color-word interference effectM Liotti
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78284 6240, USA
Neuropsychologia 38:701-11. 2000....
- Neuroimaging of cerebral activations and deactivations associated with hypercapnia and hunger for airS Brannan
Research Imaging Center, Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2029-34. 2001....
- The role of functional neuroimaging in the neuropsychology of depressionM Liotti
Research Imaging Center, and Department of Radiology, Psychiatry and Medicine Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 23:121-36. 2001....
- Electrophysiological activity underlying inhibitory control processes in normal adultsMariana Schmajuk
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, Box 90999, NC 27708, USA
Neuropsychologia 44:384-95. 2006....
- Areas of the human brain activated by ambient visual motion, indicating three kinds of self-movementJeremy Beer
The Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, US Naval Health Research Center Detachment, 8301 Navy Road, Brooks Air Force Base, TX 78235 5365, USA
Exp Brain Res 143:78-88. 2002....
- Improvement of voicing in patients with Parkinson's disease by speech therapyMario Liotti
Neurology 61:1316; author reply 1316-7. 2003
- Neuroimaging of inhibitory control areas in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder who were treatment naive or in long-term treatmentSteven R Pliszka
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, MC 7792, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1052-60. 2006..Event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) might establish if these regions differ in their activity in ADHD children relative to healthy comparison subjects...
- Volumetric MRI differences in treatment-naïve vs chronically treated children with ADHDMargaret Semrud-Clikeman
Department of Educational Psychology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Austin, USA corrected
Neurology 67:1023-7. 2006....
- A larynx area in the human motor cortexSteven Brown
Department of Psychology, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6
Cereb Cortex 18:837-45. 2008..Finally, the location of this larynx area is strikingly different from that reported in the monkey. We discuss the implications of this observation for the evolution of vocal communication in humans...
- CNS Resident Award: role of the lateral premotor cortex in articulationNitin Tandon
Center for Neurosurgical Sciences and Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Clin Neurosurg 50:341-9. 2003