Geraldine M Leydon
Affiliation: University of Southampton
- 'Yours is potentially serious but most of these are cured': optimistic communication in UK outpatient oncology consultationsGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Psychooncology 17:1081-8. 2008..To describe how experienced doctors discuss radiotherapy and chemotherapy with cancer patients about to undergo such treatment...
- "How can I help?" Nurse call openings on a cancer helpline and implications for call progressivityGeraldine Marie Leydon
Primary Care and Population Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Patient Educ Couns 92:23-30. 2013..Helplines are a key service used for information and support by people affected by cancer. Little is known about the process of delivering and seeking cancer related telephone help...
- 'What matters to me': an international online survey of people treating, affected by and living with lung cancerGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care Group, Primary Care and Population Science Unit, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton, SO16 5ST, UK
Future Oncol 8:883-96. 2012..This study aimed to gain insights into patients' and FFCs' perspectives regarding lung cancer and its treatment, as well as physicians' perceptions of patients' thoughts about their illness...
- Forming connections in the homeopathic consultationCaroline Eyles
University of Southampton, Primary Care and Population Sciences, Aldermoor Health Centre, United Kingdom
Patient Educ Couns 89:501-6. 2012..This paper reports on "connecting" and its role in the consultation...
- A qualitative study of patient views on discontinuing long-term selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorsGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, Community Clinical Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, Southampton SO16 5ST, UK
Fam Pract 24:570-5. 2007..Previous research has explored patients' experiences of taking SSRIs and decisions about starting medication. There has been less research into patients' reasons for long-term use and their views and experiences of discontinuation...
- The journey from self-care to GP care: a qualitative interview study of women presenting with symptoms of urinary tract infectionGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, Community Clinical Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton
Br J Gen Pract 59:e219-25. 2009..Urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the commonest acute infections presenting to primary care. Little is known of women's experiences of UTI; self-care strategies and key triggers for their consulting behaviour are also little known...
- Mindfulness for the self-management of fatigue, anxiety, and depression in women with metastatic breast cancer: a mixed methods feasibility studyCaroline Eyles
University of Southampton, Southampton, England
Integr Cancer Ther 14:42-56. 2015..MBSR was acceptable to MBC patients, who perceived benefits such as improved anxiety and QoL; but the MBSR course requires a considerable time commitment. There is scope to tailor the intervention so that it is less intensive. ..
- Acceptability of screening for early detection of liver disease in hazardous/harmful drinkers in primary careCaroline Eyles
University of Southampton, Primary Care and Population Sciences, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton
Br J Gen Pract 63:e516-22. 2013....
- Understanding by older patients of dialysis and conservative management for chronic kidney failureSarah Tonkin-Crine
Primary Care and Population Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom Electronic address
Am J Kidney Dis 65:443-50. 2015..Few studies have explored patients' reasons for choosing conservative management and none have compared the views of those who have chosen different treatments across renal units...
- Discontinuity of care at end of life: a qualitative exploration of OOH end of life careGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Care and Population Sciences, University of Southampton, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
BMJ Support Palliat Care 3:412-21. 2013..It also aimed to illuminate barriers and enablers to accessing appropriate and timely care following the introduction of the 2004 New General Medical Services Contract...
- Homeopathy enables rheumatoid arthritis patients to cope with their chronic ill health: a qualitative study of patient's perceptions of the homeopathic consultationSarah B Brien
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Patient Educ Couns 89:507-16. 2012..This study explored rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients' perceptions of the homeopathic consultation including any perceived benefit...
- Communication challenges of HPV vaccinationElizabeth C F Brown
Primary Medical Care, Community Clinical Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton SO16 5ST, UK
Fam Pract 27:224-9. 2010..Previous research has explored public understanding of the causes of cervical cancer and found little awareness of the role of HPV...
- A grounded theory study of homeopathic practitioners' perceptions and experiences of the homeopathic consultationCaroline Eyles
Department of Primary Care, University of Southampton, Hampshire SD17 1BJ, UK
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:957506. 2011....
- Questionnaire severity measures for depression: a threat to the doctor-patient relationship?Geraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Br J Gen Pract 61:117-23. 2011..Since 2006 the Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF) has rewarded GPs for carrying out standardised assessments of the severity of symptoms of depression in newly diagnosed patients...
- Overseas Chinese students in the UK: patterns and correlates of their use of Western and traditional Chinese medicineFelicity L Bishop
Department of Primary Medical Care, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, Southampton, Hants SO16 5ST, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 15:8-13. 2009..Improved language support is needed for international students in UK health care settings...