Geraldine M Leydon
Affiliation: University of Southampton
- 'Yours is potentially serious but most of these are cured': optimistic communication in UK outpatient oncology consultationsGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Psychooncology 17:1081-8. 2008..To describe how experienced doctors discuss radiotherapy and chemotherapy with cancer patients about to undergo such treatment...
- "How can I help?" Nurse call openings on a cancer helpline and implications for call progressivityGeraldine Marie Leydon
Primary Care and Population Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Patient Educ Couns 92:23-30. 2013..Helplines are a key service used for information and support by people affected by cancer. Little is known about the process of delivering and seeking cancer related telephone help...
- 'What matters to me': an international online survey of people treating, affected by and living with lung cancerGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care Group, Primary Care and Population Science Unit, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton, SO16 5ST, UK
Future Oncol 8:883-96. 2012..This study aimed to gain insights into patients' and FFCs' perspectives regarding lung cancer and its treatment, as well as physicians' perceptions of patients' thoughts about their illness...
- A qualitative study of patient views on discontinuing long-term selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorsGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, Community Clinical Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, Southampton SO16 5ST, UK
Fam Pract 24:570-5. 2007..Previous research has explored patients' experiences of taking SSRIs and decisions about starting medication. There has been less research into patients' reasons for long-term use and their views and experiences of discontinuation...
- The journey from self-care to GP care: a qualitative interview study of women presenting with symptoms of urinary tract infectionGeraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, Community Clinical Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton
Br J Gen Pract 59:e219-25. 2009..Urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the commonest acute infections presenting to primary care. Little is known of women's experiences of UTI; self-care strategies and key triggers for their consulting behaviour are also little known...
- Questionnaire severity measures for depression: a threat to the doctor-patient relationship?Geraldine M Leydon
Primary Medical Care, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Br J Gen Pract 61:117-23. 2011..Since 2006 the Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF) has rewarded GPs for carrying out standardised assessments of the severity of symptoms of depression in newly diagnosed patients...
- Forming connections in the homeopathic consultationCaroline Eyles
University of Southampton, Primary Care and Population Sciences, Aldermoor Health Centre, United Kingdom
Patient Educ Couns 89:501-6. 2012..This paper reports on "connecting" and its role in the consultation...
- Acceptability of screening for early detection of liver disease in hazardous/harmful drinkers in primary careCaroline Eyles
University of Southampton, Primary Care and Population Sciences, Aldermoor Health Centre, Southampton, UK
Br J Gen Pract 63:516-22. 2013....
- Overseas Chinese students in the UK: patterns and correlates of their use of Western and traditional Chinese medicineFelicity L Bishop
Department of Primary Medical Care, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, Southampton, Hants SO16 5ST, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 15:8-13. 2009..Improved language support is needed for international students in UK health care settings...