S J Lewis
Affiliation: University of Bristol
- Lewis S, Zuccolo L, Davey Smith G, Macleod J, Rodriguez S, Draper E, et al. Fetal alcohol exposure and IQ at age 8: evidence from a population-based birth-cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49407 pubmed publisher..16 (95%CI=?-1.05 to 1.36) p=0.80), p-value for interaction ?=0.009). A further genetic variant associated with alcohol metabolism in mothers was associated with their child's IQ, but again only among mothers who drank during pregnancy. ..
- Harrison S, Lennon R, Holly J, Higgins J, Gardner M, Perks C, et al. Does milk intake promote prostate cancer initiation or progression via effects on insulin-like growth factors (IGFs)? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Causes Control. 2017;28:497-528 pubmed publisher..IGF-I is a potential mechanism underlying the observed associations between milk intake and prostate cancer risk. ..
- Harrison S, Lewis S, Hall A, Vuckovic D, Girotto G, Martin R, et al. Association of SNPs in LCP1 and CTIF with hearing in 11 year old children: findings from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC) birth cohort and the G-EAR consortium. BMC Med Genomics. 2015;8:48 pubmed publisher..No individual SNPs reached sample-wide significance in both ALSPAC and G-EAR. This is the first report of a possible association between LCP1 and hearing function. ..
- Lewis S, Leary S, Davey Smith G, Ness A. Body composition at age 9 years, maternal folate intake during pregnancy and methyltetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T genotype. Br J Nutr. 2009;102:493-6 pubmed publisher..We also looked at maternal and offspring's MTHFR C677T genotype in relation to offspring body composition. We found no evidence to support the hypothesis that intra-uterine exposure to folate influences childhood body composition. ..
- Lewis S, Gardner M, Higgins J, Holly J, Gaunt T, Perks C, et al. Developing the WCRF International/University of Bristol Methodology for Identifying and Carrying Out Systematic Reviews of Mechanisms of Exposure-Cancer Associations. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2017;26:1667-1675 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 26(11); 1667-75. ©2017 AACR...