Tim P Levine
Affiliation: University College London
- Short-range intracellular trafficking of small molecules across endoplasmic reticulum junctionsTim Levine
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Trends Cell Biol 14:483-90. 2004..In the light of these advances, I hypothesize that the endoplasmic reticulum has a central role in the trafficking of lipids and ions by forming a network of MCSs with most other intracellular organelles...
- Inter-organelle membrane contact sites: through a glass, darklyTim Levine
Division of Cell Biology, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, Bath St, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Curr Opin Cell Biol 18:371-8. 2006..Further work will be needed to test whether these lipid transfer proteins act when anchored at inter-organelle contact sites...
- A lipid transfer protein that transfers lipidTim P Levine
University College London Institute of Ophthalmology, London EC1V 9EL, England, UK
J Cell Biol 179:11-3. 2007..Godi, G. West, J. Bielawski, C.C. Chuang, A.C. van der Spoel, et al. 2007. Nature. 449:62-67) agree that four-phosphate adaptor protein 2 (FAPP2) transfers glucosylceramide (GlcCer), a lipid that takes an unexpectedly circuitous route...
- Lipid traffic: Osh4p makes an unexpected exchangeTim P Levine
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, England, UK
J Cell Biol 195:927-9. 2011..This finding helps explain some previously published studies and also indicates that lipid/sterol exchange could contribute to establishing a sterol gradient in cells...
- Annexin A2 at the interface between F-actin and membranes enriched in phosphatidylinositol 4,5,-bisphosphateMatthew J Hayes
Division of Cell Biology, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:1086-95. 2009..These observations are consistent with a role for annexin A2 as an actin nucleator on PI(4,5)P2-enriched membranes...
- Endoplasmic reticulum: one continuous network compartmentalized by extrinsic cuesTim Levine
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, 11-43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Curr Opin Cell Biol 17:362-8. 2005....
- SSD: sterol-sensing directTim Levine
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
Dev Cell 7:152-3. 2004..New biochemical studies of this domain demonstrate direct high-affinity binding of the sterol-sensing domain to sterol...
- Lipid traffic: floppy drives and a superhighwayJoost C M Holthuis
Department of Membrane Enzymology, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6:209-20. 2005..These include transbilayer flip-flop mechanisms and transfer across narrow gaps between the endoplasmic reticulum and other organelles, with the endoplasmic reticulum functioning as a superhighway along which lipids can rapidly diffuse...